• Page:

TOPIC: shakes back

shakes back 9 years 8 months ago #105566

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
hey shake, did you sell all your boats? seen them on c/l. welcome back, don't be a stranger. frog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106211

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
lol, only partly back, no didn't sell any of them, lol I got pretty good at telling people this isn't the boat for them. have a guy biting really hard on the belmont, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on it.

it's been a really long winter, really really long winter with some cracked teeth on the right side of my jaw that I need to get fixed or pulled... (Dentists scare the snot out of me)

Lol Greg, you should know I'm a boat hoarder, I never pulled the trigger on that commander, though I'd like to, feel free to make a go of it if you like.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106218

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Good to hear from you Shake. Saw your c/l ad and was worried that you were getting out of the boat biz. I couldn't believe you were selling the Catalina . I actually spotted a '61 Catalina less than 10 mi from my house! But it reminded me of a dead animal that had laid in the woods so long that it was disintegrating and sinking into the ground :( . I passed.

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106238

Glad to see you back Joe, even if it's only partially. lol

Bob

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106239

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
joe, if your interested , I have a 58 rocket you can have. all you got to do is come here and pick it up. bring a trailer. plus it is good to hear from you again.. frog

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106240

Joe it is good to see you back here again. I did see your craigslist ad and really thought about trying to get that Belmont off of ya.LOL

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106244

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks guys, It's been a long long winter.... aside from making the mistake of thinking that I could sell off my collection, I haven't done much of anything else, other than the little lady trying to collect actual houses (If she pulls the trigger on one we like this month) She'll only need two more houses to catch up to my boat count lol, I haven't been able to do much of anything.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106247

Definitely worse problems to have then too many houses and boats!!

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106248

Which president said:
A boat in every driveway?

Sounds like an evenly matched count.... good luck with everything..

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106254

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
More Garage space,,more outside storage that you don't have to look at Bill

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106272

Hey Shake.....Please reach out to my email address This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I live in Rochester, Mn and I would like to see your boats. Thanks
Ron Pickett

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106282

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
jbcurt00 that would be President SHake well er if I ever was to become president lol.

Bill, as long as my shed don't fall down, I have them inside, somewhat out of the elements lol. I just need to build a shelf system and get me a boat lift to mod to be on casters so I can lift them up onto a shelf, that way I can bring more boats home haha...

akapick, all the rest of the guys on here can attest, I list my boats at least once a year then never sell any of them. I blame cabin fever.

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106291

And may you never sell a single one and enjoy the heck out of them forever!!

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106307

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol you guys are a bad influence... well I could look at it this way, in 30 years from now they might be worth a fortune. Imagine the day when fiberglassic boats are going for 30 to 100K. I could happen, but hopefully not until after I'm done hoarding them.

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106313

It won't be too long this global warming thing is gonna kick in the ice caps are gonna melt the water level is gonna rise and all is boat "nuts" are gonna be sitting pretty!

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106314

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
We ARE a bad influence Joe, I thought we warned you about that in the beginning ?! LOL For the record I haven't sold a Glassic boat without regretting it afterward. The true value becomes evident the first time you take off across the lake in one - the feeling is priceless IMHO. I hope to not ever sell another one! ;)

Glad to see you back buddy, spring is just around the corner hang in there.

Mark

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106315

Hey Shake (joe) Last fall when you were in Minneosta visiting Bob Silker youu were hoping that time would allow you to swing by my place and have a peek at my Thunderhawk. Time didn't allow for that to happen.

I am looking to by a Dorsett hardtop and have never actually seen one. I think you have a one that I would like to see. I realize you are not selling anything and that's OK with me. There a a few hardtop starting to show up on Craigslist. I want to be prepared when the right one becomes available. Thanks

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106320

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Cool pick, yeah I have no problem with you swinging by to take a look, and if I or you don't find a dorsett catalina, you've first dibs on mine if I do sell it, I have noticed one that pops up turnkey for around 2k in Milwaukee from time to time, the motors on it alone are worth his asking price.

Re:shakes back 9 years 7 months ago #106322

Perfect Joe....Send me your phone number to my email address. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

And if you have a contact for the guy in Milwaukee send that too.

Sorry to bore anyone having to read my reaching out to Joe. I haven't figured out how to use the private message system on this site.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online