Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Ft Worth-built 15 foot CORSAIR RUNABOUT ??

1959 Ft Worth-built 15 foot CORSAIR RUNABOUT ?? 9 years 8 months ago #104439

Friends,

I've found a Ft Worth, TX built 15 foot CORSAIR runabout on a 1959 (probably DALTEX) 2-wheel trailer.
(CORSAIR was one of the 150 or so smaller, independent, boat-builders of our State, that were in business from WWII to about 1975. = As best as I can determine, this is the 65th hull that CORSAIR built.)

What I'm trying to find is a GOOD (preferably color) PHOTO of the interior seating/furnishing of the fifteen foot 1959 runabout.
(The runabout pictured in the 1959 ad in the fiberglassics library is the same hull.)

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1959 Ft Worth-built 15 foot CORSAIR RUNABOUT ?? 9 years 8 months ago #104586

Friends,

About 2100hrs, 19JAN15, I "lucked out" on the history of CORSAIR (I think!), as I talked by phone to a grandson of Dewey Yates & he said that a younger brother of the builder/owner is still alive, mentally sound & worked at CORSAIR MARINE in Ft Worth.
(I have a "phone interview" set up for 1800hrs., 20JAN15 with the uncle.)
I'll let everyone here know what, if anything significant, that I learn from him.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1959 Ft Worth-built 15 foot CORSAIR RUNABOUT ?? 9 years 8 months ago #104589

Sounds promising, good luck and enjoy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online