Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Winter blues, while waiting for the ice to melt...

Winter blues, while waiting for the ice to melt... 9 years 8 months ago #104367

General questions… and I’m guessing there will be plenty debate ?

I have more projects than cents (pun intended)
Some are wood, some are fiberglass…
As I sit here waiting for spring, to make dust, do some stripping, then repairing, and re-finishing, I got to thinking ?

CPES on transom Plywood for fiberglass boats: Is it worth the added protection ?
Will the standard polyester resins adhere to the Clear Penetrating Epoxy, while tabbing and putting on the inner layer of mat & cloth on the transom, seat bases,
or stringers for that matter ?

I did a search in the forum, but there was no clear answer….

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Winter blues, while waiting for the ice to melt... 9 years 8 months ago #104415

I can't help with any of the questions you asked but clearly you need a heated garage!! Now is the time to do the projects so you can play all summer

I know this ain't helpful but it's all I can think of!!

Re:Winter blues, while waiting for the ice to melt... 9 years 8 months ago #104419

if you don't have Cents I wouldn't spend the extra, the boats lasted 30 years before the wood started having problem you have a long time to wait :) now doing a show boat is a different story. I'm not at the full restoration stage yet, just having fun with my 3 boats and soon more.

Re:Winter blues, while waiting for the ice to melt... 9 years 8 months ago #104443

Chuck,
That's a good question. I'd have to check the paperwork with the CPES I have and see what it says. I know bilge paint and varnish will stick to as the other Century club guys and myself are using it when we restore the wood Centuries.

Bob

Re:Winter blues, while waiting for the ice to melt... 9 years 8 months ago #104444

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Chuck, if you go the CPES route do not do it in a closed space. The fumes will getcha bad.
I Cpes'ed my whole wood Century Sabre when I rebuilt it and never had a problem with poly or interlux, 5200 or petit sticking.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online