• Page:

TOPIC: try to figure out this one???

try to figure out this one??? 9 years 9 months ago #104137

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
went to mail the calendars today. their were a few people ahead of me and noticed he was spending more time talkin to the customers, instead of processing the mail. you probably see where this is goin!
first the noticeable, easy part right off the bat. their were no charges on my receipt for 1 cal. sent to calif...3 cal. sent to mich....and 1 cal. sent to illinois. he verbally told me the final tally was $132. and change. as you can see by the receit i was charged $113.95. i know as i watched that he put postage on all the envelopes. so we made out, i thought. now it gets deeper. as i'm reviewing the receit i find an adress-- itmann,wv 24847..weight 6.90 oz.--$6 bucks. first there are no envelopes with that adress and second all the other envelopes with 1 calendar are ...weight 7oz.--$2.24! can the scale they weigh them on vary .10 oz.?? all the envelopes are the same as are the calendars so they're should be no difference in the weight, right? its gets even better..part 2 soon. ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:try to figure out this one??? 9 years 9 months ago #104152

goverment at work. when i send my check i'll pay extra to get it out ups next time. hahaha the employees at the ups store work for a living so they are more likely to get it right

cant wait for part two , i hope you didn,t try to get it corrected, thats politically incorrect. you live with the goverment mistake

god i sound like my father now. hahaha

billy

Re:try to figure out this one??? part 2 9 years 9 months ago #104174

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
onto part 2.
2 calendars sent to danville, cal...13oz...$4.12
1 to bakersfield, cal. 7oz...$7.15
1 to jackson, ga......... 7oz...$6.15
1 to cedar glen, cal...... 7oz...$2.24
2 to kennan, wi........... 13.20oz...$6.15
1 to york,pa.......... 7oz..... $5.75

how in the hell can the same weight envelope being sent to 2 calif. adresses, in the same zone btw...differ by $4.91!
also the one to georgia cost more than the one to pennsy. $6.15 vs.
$5.75..close to a 1,000 mile difference.
now i know we have some real intelligent people on this site. wanna take a stab at explaining this. i'm only a high school grad. ron
help gary s.

Re:try to figure out this one??? part 2 9 years 9 months ago #104213

I think it would be fun to go back to the post office and ask the clerk (or maybe his boss) how that can happen. The clerk may need some warrantee work.

Re:try to figure out this one??? 9 years 9 months ago #104214

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
norm, one of the guys lives in a city/ zipcode that doesn't come up on the p.o computer. i found that unbelievable until i typed in my adress in my other home in the poconos, and nothing came up. my mail is adressed to a town and zipcode 10 miles away, but is delivered to a post office in a different town adjacent to where my home is. i would go down to the p.o. and discuss this but with the 3 that i wasn't charged for it would prob wouldn't make much of a difference. lol

Re:try to figure out this one??? 9 years 9 months ago #104217

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
That is a mess Ron, kinda makes you wonder / worry about the "state of the postal service" doesn't it!? Might be fun to plug in the numbers on their website and see what they should have been.
www.usps.com/

Mark

Re:try to figure out this one??? 9 years 9 months ago #104223

for me to mail a box to the town 19 miles west of me cost me more then it does to mail it 36 miles SE of me.

They say it because that the central post office is in Bellaire (east of me) that the box going west must first head east then back west(in fact it leaves Katy TX goes to Bellaire and comes back through Katy{staying on the truck} to Sealy) where the box going to South Houston goes a shorter trip (from Katy to Bellaire to South Houston.

I think that is where Houston Metro learned from

CAVU

Re:try to figure out this one??? 9 years 9 months ago #104224

My mail goes thru Pittsburgh 90mi north, no matter its destination. So mail to Clarksburg, 15mi south, gets a 195mi round trip thru Pittsburgh.

Effective or efficient? No idea but the USPS apparently saved bug bucks closing distribution hub in Clarksburg.... Guv-mint.... go figure...

Re:try to figure out this one??? 9 years 8 months ago #104242

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
$2.25 is what mine (Jackson, GA) came up Ron, don't know how he got $6.15?

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle