• Page:

TOPIC: just a thought

just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103806

• commando
  • commando's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just a thought next year , we should a rules about no pic no post...like if you want info on a boat at least post a pic so we can help with info even if we can't help at least we get to see the pic of the boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103807

well..............back in 2000 or 2001....whatever...if that would be the rule....we would not be here....I learned how to use a computer mainly on this site....sorry if sometimes my skills aren't up to today....happy 2015...john

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103810

We don't ever want to discourage folks from looking for help on this site. That's why we're here, to share our projects, ask for help if needed and help others who need it. Let's not forget, not everyone is computer savvy as John has mentioned. They may not know how to post a pic yet and we can help them with that also.

Bob

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103812

No pics does make for a boring post,but like redfish said I to have learned more computer skills from this site. After all very few of us on here are of the computer generation, If these things all disappeared today most of us would know how to deal with life with out them. Many of us have honed our skills in other ways be it blue collar work or white collar we come here to share our interest and knowledge with others. I for one have learned how to resize and post pictures from some of the fine people on here. and I am sure there are many others. we can't criticize some one for a lack of knowledge, only teach. no one is to old to learn.

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103819

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree completly with the above replys.I have no idea how to post a pic and really do not care if I ever do. But I agree that when someone is trying to identify a boat with no markings,no hull id and no pics it can be a hell of a lot easier to post up a pic,just don't make it a rule,there are enough of them out there already.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103822

• commando
  • commando's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Ya you guy are right, I was just thinking but what do I know.happy new year to all.

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103824

There are a few image resizers for Joomla, maybe one can be added to this site, some people are resizing but the images are too small to see well, it would be nice to have a program resize your upload to at least 1024.

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103843

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I know how to load and post photos here. I know how to do Ebay. I can write letters in Word. That's it. I do not own or know how to work a cell phone. I have no clue what Blue Tooth, Blue Ray, and twitter is. I can't text. My grandchildren fix my computer.

However, I can rebuild a flathead engine, restore a Victrola, and time a V12 with 4 sets of points. I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot. I've been to drive-ins, soda fountains and seen women wearing hats, nylons with seams and garter belts. I remember Linda Darnell and Gene Tierney.

Never apologize for deficiencies concerning today's technology. It's a "generation thing." I'll take mine any day.

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103849

boy you sure did hit it on the head jan. let me add i learned everything about computer stuff from this site, namely from houston, who would spend hours with me thru emails,phone calls, and posts on the forum. it would be nice if this website could automaticaly take the pics we posted and resize them to fit this website. i don't know if that is even possible! ron

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103852

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Ron:

I learned how to type in the Navy on 100 WPM teletype machines. I can go like hell on a keyboard but I do it with four fingers...one on the left hand, three on the right! Most of what I know about this computer came from doing Ebay.

As for resizing photos, here's my method:
Assuming you have loaded a photo onto your computer, go to the file where it is kept and "right click" on it. Then click on "Open With" and select "Paint." When the photo opens in Paint, Click on "Home" and then "Resize." When the new little screen opens up, choose "Percentage." I generally resize to 40%...a good size for uploading and emailing. After that, hit "File" and choose "Save As." Give the new reduced photo a new name and save it to wherever you want. You'll have both photos on file, large and small. I always use the same name but put a capital "X" at the end. That tells me that it is a reduced photo. Good luck!

Jan
Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103855

oh i know how to re-size jan. i just would like it if it would be done automatically.

Re:just a thought 9 years 9 months ago #103863

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree with a lot of what has been said about the Pics. It would be great if this website could resize pics, but if not, I will continue to try to remember how to do it. For me it is not easy, but I love reading the posts with or without pics. The wealth of knowledge on this site is amazing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online