• Page:

TOPIC: Calendars ...

Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103608

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
ordered today. i was looking today at the past 7 years of FiberGlassic calendars. i find it amazing how many of the past participants that, we just don't hear from anymore. is it a fad thing with these boats, or maybe as we grow older we lose the excitement of cruising around in them. i know i haven't, but i'll admit i'd rather spend a day with boating friends at a boat show, than be on the water. must be age..lol happy and healthy new year to all. ron
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103645

As one that fits in the "used to be" category, let me explain my lack of enthusiasm. I used to have three boats and loved to take my grown kids to the lake to water ski and tube. The first boat developed floor rot and I just didn't have the ability to replace it. It would have required taking the boat apart. The second one just quit running one day. I tried troubleshooting it to the best of my ability, but I was getting nowhere. I took it to the local marina where they diagnosed it with an estimate of $3000. I didn't even pay that much for the whole boat. My third boat has a problem with the outdrive of the sterndrive, plus it has a cracked exhaust manifold that is a pain to replace. I just got tired of trying to keep them on the water. I still go to boat shows, and each Labor Day I take the Motorhome to the lake and camp right across the inlet from the boat ramp. It is great fun to watch people with brand new boats try to get them on the trailer. However, none of my kids or anyone we camp with are interested in waterskiing or tubing anymore. There just isn't the "fun" there used to be in boating. I've given all my boats away. If I find a good fishing boat, I might try a new adventure. I've never been a fisherman before.
Dan

Re:Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103681

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i can imagine unless you are able to do the resto work your self, and are a halfway decent mechanic it can get discouraging mighty fast with estimates you get. i know around n.j. no one will work on a old 6cyl.merc. i take mine on a 6hr. drive up to silver lake, n.y. my expertise ends at changing the spark plugs and changing the lower unit oil, and thats it. fiberglass work..forget about it. ron

Re:Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103682

hi dan...great to see you post again...I think I remember you giving away one of your boats at the sugar lake boat show....I think larry wilson got it...was the highlite of the show...I miss you past members...john and Brenda/ redfish pirates

Re:Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103684

ron....my check hasn't cleared my bank yet, hope you got it....if not, let me know and i'll send another....thanks for all your hard work on them...john

Re:Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103685

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
got them all john...depositing wednesday.

Re:Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103706

Yep, John, that was me giving away the boat at Sugar Lake. Do they still have that "get-together"? I used to go every year but I've never heard about any lately. That was a pretty nice classic I gave away. I was glad it went to someone that could appreciate it more than me.
Dan
Attachments:

Re:Calendars ... 9 years 9 months ago #103710

yes, we still have a gettogather 1'st weekend of june...look for a post around then....we have a chat nite wed evenings at 7 central here...john

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online