• Page:

TOPIC: Another one followed me home

Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102706

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Picked up this cute little 1986 Eagle runabout, a repo at a finance company. Decent trailer and a pretty nice Evinrude 3 cyl 70 hp motor. The motor is squeaky clean under the hood, wiring hasn't been messed with, good compression, fires right up, and the gearcase is water-free.

The boat would be in great shape, except for the spongy transom, two layers of soft wood floor, sun rotted vinyl interior, and car seats...CAR SEATS?? I'll be using the hull for an engine stand until the Evinrude moves to another hull. Then this hull will likely go to the landfill. Since I usually name my boats, I might name this one "Last Dance". :( Sad to see one in this shape. Oh yeah, when the P.O. installed the car seats, he drilled through the bottom in three places.

The anchor is a piece of work, a sledge hammer head welded to the biggest intake/exhaust valve I've ever seen! Valve face is 6-1/2" across and the anchor stands a foot tall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102708

Isn"t it amazing how that happens? My wife says i must have a boat magnet on the jeep!!! Salvage what you can and call it good. I guess we could give the P O an E for effort on the anchor!! Happys Thanksgiving madbohunk safe boating

Re:Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102716

LOL, LOOVE the anchor! Red neck rigging at its best. And I'll bet it works great as a wreck anchor - no sharp corners, smooth profile (as long as heavy enough). You have to wonder though, how is it that that setup, i.e. a valve stem that large, would be his cheapest way to go? Anyway, CLASSIC rigging!

Re:Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102725

• emosun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
my boat had car seats in it too when i first got it. the ones in yours look like honda seats

Re:Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102732

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Well ya got a real prize that 3C Rude! Long ago had a 13 foot Allison, 70hp 3C Merc racing against the 75 Rude "Stingers" Lotta fun, but they are simple great motors!

But I won't comment on that "anchor" but thats one HELL of a valve! Thats for SURE, a "shop "wall Hanger"..for some to see and say simple?

"WTF is this?"

Re:Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102736

That's called a big A$$ diesel engine valve!
Bob

Re:Another one followed me home 9 years 10 months ago #102737

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Best part is, the remains of the hammer handle are still lodged in the hammer head. I can't imagine where that valve came from. Maybe the P.O. worked in a shipyard and was taking parts home in his (large) lunchbox.

Been looking for a 3 cyl JohnRude for quite a while. This one seems real solid. It's a 1986 model.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online