Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Redfish shark hardtop question

Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102531

Hi, I had a couple of questions that I was hoping someone may be able to answer for me. I was looking at purchasing a 1957 Redfish Shark. From what I can tell, the hardtop was not offered until 1958. Would a hardtop off of a 1958 or later model work on a 1957 model boat? Also, I have seen conflicting information on weather the hardtop was offered on the 15' models, or if it was strictly for the 17' models. I have seen pictures of 15' models with the hardtop, but wasn't sure if it was something originally offered or if it was something the owner custom made. Basically I don't want to buy the boat if there is zero chance of me finding a hardtop for it. Thank you everyone for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102538

yes I have 2 15 ft with the original hardtop....and a 59 17ft ht (top is bigger)....have yet to see any positive proof that they made a 57 shark...(have looked for 10 years)....58-60 hard tops are the same except for the size....61 is different (made to lift up to let you in)...pics of your shark would be cool....john
Attachments:

Re:Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102564

Hi John, and thank you for your reply. I am actually looking at two that are advertised as 57's. Weather or not they are 57's, I am unsure. One is a Shark Capri that is advertised on this site as well as Craigslist, and the other is a Shark that was listed only on Craigslist. I have my heart set on having one with a hardtop, but didn't want to buy either boat if they never made a hardtop that would fit it. My thoughts were if such a top did exist, then it would be worth taking the risk of buying the boat and then trying to find a top. Your boat is beautiful, thank you for sharing the picture. Hopefully soon I will have a project boat that will one day look as nice. As soon as I make the purchase I will be sure to post a picture. Thanks again,

Brandon

Re:Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102572

Brandon thanks for the complement....the capri is about as cheap as I have ever seen....if it wasn't so far away and we had our extra house sold, I would be all over it....I believe it to be a 59....the early 58 and the 57 (if they made them) would have the yellow rocket decal and not the chrome red fish script....titles from that far back are notoriously wrong...most boats weren't titled or registered until the 60's or 70's and then it was a guess by the owner....also the capri has the cool atwood steering wheel that didn't seem to come out till 59....also the early boat would have the oval red fish plate on the inside of the transom (or the holes where it was)....john
Attachments:

Re:Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102575

Iroc78,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102576

Unfortunately that Capri is an extremely long ride for me too which is why I want to be as prepared as possible. I appreciate the information, and I too thought the boat seemed like a pretty good deal. The other Shark I mentioned actually sold so this one is my only option at the moment. I will be sure to keep you posted as to weather not I bring it home. Thanks again John.

Re:Redfish shark hardtop question 9 years 10 months ago #102577

Thank you satx, I appreciate the warm welcome. I am so glad I found Fiberglassics as it seems so full of information and friendly enthusiasts.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online