Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just Once

Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101922

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Just Once I'd like to see a boat for sale on this sight that I was looking for to be close enough for me to go get. Nice Thunderbird Navaho in the Glassifieds for a reasonable price and It's in Michigan. If it was in New York I'd be willing to have the wife PO'd at me for a while and go get it. I've sold 8 boats in the past couple years, and I'd think 8 for 1 should be enough to make her happy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101923

All depends on how bad you want the particular boat. I have plenty of project boats to keep me busy for a long time. Still have a 1900mi 1way trip pending in 2weeks to get MY 1!

Re: Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101927

Paul,

I recently was gifted with a beautiful 18ft I/O runabout from IL, by one of our GREAT members & the giver found a man who pulled it to San Antonio, TX for me. - Perhaps you might be lucky enough to find someone to do the same!

You might also check around for a local/independent long-distance trucker, who is returning from MI to your state and "running empty".

Also, I once ran an ad on an RV forum & a "Winter Texan" pulled a rig to me with his motorhome, when coming down from ND to Harlingen.

LOTS of possibilities out there. BE CREATIVE.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101929

All great options ^^^

Re:Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101939

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
If someone was coming my way with an empty trailer that would be great, but I had a 12 ft Jetstreak shipped to me and it was expensive. And I think it got crunched on the bottom during shipping but I couldn't prove it. I think by the time I would ship the Navaho it would be more than it's worth. I did go to Little Rock to buy a Wizard Wasp once but I'm not willing to drive a long distance anymore. I guess because of my lack of motivation for it in my older age I'll have to do without. Sure would like to find a deal like that close by. Thanks all for the ideas though.

Re:Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101945

Paul, where are you located?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101948

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Fingerlakes area in NY

Re:Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101949

Hey Paul have you checked out the two Custom Craft Devil Rays on craigslist Buffalo one 19ft and one 14ft . The 19ft would be one cool boat to fix up ,if I had room I would sure think about it.

Re:Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101952

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I used to love a good road trip, especially to go pick up a "prized" project boat. But with the years creeping up, I understand about having to shorten up the acceptable radius of the search zone Paul. Stay vigilant, keep your eyes open and we'll do the same. Something that strikes your eye will turn up eventually.

We've heard a couple stories about shipping companies damaging Glassic boats in the delivery process, KatFinK's is the one that sticks in my mind. I'm sure there are a lot that make the trip unharmed, but the cost of transportation CAN make it a deal breaker for sure. Best of luck with your search, hope something comes along for you soon.

Mark

Re:Just Once 9 years 11 months ago #101994

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Kinda set on the Navaho right now. I like the idea of a 15 ft Cuddy and the molded seats. And I think they're all glass like our old Thunderbird family boat was. Thanks again all for the support.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online