Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help!? New project- 74 century resorter

Help!? New project- 74 century resorter 9 years 11 months ago #101560

I just rescued a 1974 18'century resorter. The boat is very restorable, but the motor is incomplete. It is either a 318 or a 340, missing the intake manifold, carb, exhaust manifolds, and valve covers. The heads and cam are rusty so if I decide to use this motor, it will be a complete rebuild. I feel it will be much more affordable to transplant another motor that I can buy complete. What are my options? I have found a complete 360 at a reasonable price...will this be a simple swap? are there adapters so that I could swap a 305 or 350? I have been around I/O's and outboards my whole life, but this is my first inboard. any help, comments, or advice are welcomed. THANK YOU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help!? New project- 74 century resorter 9 years 11 months ago #101569

Sandbarross,
Welcome aboard! Nice boat, you should join the Century Boat Club also. They post on Facebook, if you have an account. I joined when I got my '53 Resorter. If I recall correctly the 360 and 340 should be the same mount wise, at least in the car version. I had a 340 in my Challenger and I loved that motor!!!! You are talking the Chrysler 360 and not the AMC right? Make sure your looking at marine motors and not car or truck motors, not the same. The block is pretty much the same but has brass freeze plugs, for the marine that is. The cams are different also, whole different operating rpm range, among other things.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online