Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ? While winterizing the other day.

? While winterizing the other day. 9 years 11 months ago #101469

68 Resorter FG. Lake of the Ozarks, MO. I drained the block and manifolds as usual and decided to change out some old hoses this winter. I removed the hose from the top of the engine water pump (318 Chrysler). There is still water in the water pump. I cranked the boat over a couple times and the water is still there. I put as much antifreeze as I could. Why did the water not drain the water pump when I opened the petcocks on the block? M&M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: ? While winterizing the other day. 9 years 11 months ago #101492

Resorter,

WELCOME ABOARD.

As to your question, someone from "up yonder" will answer you.
(We generally don't have enough cold weather in south TX to "winterize" engines. - In point of fact, we "locals" KNOW that it's "pretty cold" when "The Canadian lovelies" put a "cover-up" on over their bikinis!)

LOL, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: ? While winterizing the other day. 9 years 11 months ago #101494

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Take your hand and feel the bottom of the pump, there may be a fitting on the bottom of the pump to drain it, if so take it out and drain the pump, if the fitting is out and it still does not drain run a small screw driver up in the hole as corrosion my be blocking it from draining. hope this works. This can also happen on the block drain holes.
JAG

Re:? While winterizing the other day. 9 years 11 months ago #101588

I always pull the big hose on the bottom of the pump and tip it down to drain it in the bilge. (the one that would be the lower radiator hose on a car) They hold a lot of water, and that is the only way to drain them. Also, a shop vac set to blow rather than suck works really well to push trapped water out. Just pull hoses and blow them out with the drains open. You'll be surprised what this gets out.

Mark

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online