Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull

1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 2 days ago #101111

Okay guys and Gals, I need some help. In 1967 My Dad and Mom bought a brand spanking new 18 MFG Tri-Hull Corvair. I believe the model is a Corvair. We have had the boat since, and it has provided wonderful memories and countless adventures. It was the first Tri-hull on our river and people gathered around to watch it's launch the first time. It was bought in Benton Harbor, MI. The time has come to part with the boat. My Dad would love to see the boat go to a good home, someone that will appreciate and work to bring her back to the glory of her hey day. The boat has ALWAYS been covered so interior is is very good shape, minus needing seats. The Hull is great condition and just needs a quick buffing and wax. The engine runs and has been properly winterized. It needs some work to get it back to tip top shape, the marina says they can make it very reliable for $1000. A DIY guy I'm sure could do it for much less. The cover was custom made three years ago and snaps over the cockpit and bow. The trailer is a Michigan Low Loader which has a hydraulic component which allows it to be lowered to launch in shallower waters. The trailer functions fine but the Hydraulics I'm sure would ned attention. My Dad heard of this site and requested I list it here to see if anyone with appreciation of older boats would be interested before he gave it away to anyone else. Please let me know if there is any interest. I would be happy to send pictures if you send an email or phone number. The boat is located in Kankakee, IL, about 60 mi south of Chicago. Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 2 days ago #101153

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
What motor? HP? Sure could use some pictures and what is your asking price? Has it been stored indoors or out for winter? If the seats are bad are you saying ripped or rotted? Is the floor soft? Cable steering? We need more info.

Thanks.

Re:1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 2 days ago #101155

Thank you for your reply. It has a 120 engine. I'm not sure if that is 120 hp? Or 120 mL. But I always gave dad crap for not getting the upgraded 160. It has been stored outside during the winter, that has always been covered. I know the motor runs good. The seats were trashed about five years ago when my brother was going to redo the boat. I don't think you could use them for an stencil, but I would have to check. As far as I know the steering is in fine shape. Dad is not asking for any money for the boat, just a good home and he's hoping it goes to someone that will appreciate it. I will try posting pics, but have not had much luck getting them to post. They are on my phone and could easily be texted or emailed if they don't show up . He has title for both boat and trailer , and 30 plus years of paperwork.

Re:1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 2 days ago #101156

For some reason (because I am computer illiterate) pictures are not posting.

Re:1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 1 day ago #101163

Copcraft,

Your dad was WISE imVho to NOT get the 160HP six for that hull, as it would do little more than be thirstier. = The 120HP "Iron Duke" engine is PLENTY.
(Note:I'm trying to figure out how to get it to SA at a decent price, as I write these lines.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 1 day ago #101166

Let me know...It would love Texas and getting out for regular trips. You are correct about the engine I guess......although when I was learning to get up on a slalom ski behind it I would not have agreed. Best memories ever though. My ex wife and her husband live in San Antonio. He does come to the area frequently...I can certainly check to see if he drives up or flies.

Re:1967 18' MFG Tri-Hull 10 years 1 day ago #101167

Copcraft,

Tell your ex that I'll "make it worth their time" (with numerous "Dead Presidents) to pull it down here.
(As I told you elsewhere, that would be a GREAT rig for live-lining BIG live baits for game-fish "out on the salt" & even tagging sharks.)

With the windshield removed/stored, I suspect that it would be GREAT for saltwater fly-fishing for tarpon, too.

Note: With the little 120 Chevy engine, it will likely troll at "walking speed" too, especially against the current.

THANKS, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle