Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Scott Atwater 14ft.

1961 Scott Atwater 14ft. 10 years 3 days ago #101067

I am new to this excellent site . I am hoping for some help. I am trying to value a package deal. It is a one owner time capsule. It consists of a teenee trailer that has never seen any wear or rust that still has its orig. tires and the underside of the teardrop fenders has its rust free yellow still there and all the rollers are perfect.The boat still has shinny orig. gelcoat, perfect steering wheel and windshield. Has a full top which is still very useable but it has lost its luster. Bottom looks like it has never seen water. Upolstry has been redone to orig. The motor is a real pretty 44.5 Scott that looks like it has about 25 hours on it. Correct orig fuel tank and controls. This was bought as a package in 61 and for the most part in storage ever since. The only restoration that I can find is the seats have been redone. What is it worth. Can anyone tell me? thanks Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1961 Scott Atwater 14ft. 10 years 3 days ago #101069

Levins,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I don't think that anyone can give you a value on the rig, inasmuch as it needs to be evaluated by an appraiser & IN PERSON.

Fwiw, FEW boat/motor/trailer combinations are "high value items", especially in this trashy economy.
(I personally know of a 1971 Glastron-Carlson CV-19 in near new condition that wouldn't sell at 2000.oo - It finally sold for 1200.oo after nearly 120 days. - An equivalent trailer is worth nearly that much.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1961 Scott Atwater 14ft. 10 years 2 days ago #101106

Gary,
Welcome aboard, glad your here. SATX is right, kind of hard to do with no pics and not being there. Really when it comes down to it, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Unless it's an extremely rare boat and motor they don't go for a lot. It also depends on what part of the country your in. If you really want it then you have to determine if it's worth what they are asking. Can you live with what you paid if you find out later that it was high or too high but you bought it because you were/are very happy with it and go have fun in it. If you think it's too high or more than you want to pay make and offer and see what they say. The worst they can say is no. Sorry don't mean to be tough just honest. There are other folks on here who have been doing this for much longer than I have and can chime in.

Bob

Re:1961 Scott Atwater 14ft. 10 years 1 day ago #101170

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sounds like a cool rig. Do you want to run it or show it? I'd love to see pix! I've only seen the Scott boats with 75 hp motors and they were often bundled with Scott branded trailers, so this one sounds interesting.

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online