Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buehler Help!

Buehler Help! 10 years 3 days ago #101065

I had a bad day! I hauled my Century Ski Dart down to my building and when I was backing into the Winter Storage building, I noticed the bearing buddy was missing. Grease everywhere! Made it to my building and will obviously need a new hub and bearings. At least I got it home safe and in the building where I can fix at my leisure!
Then I pulled the 1961 Buehler Jet 35 out to bring back to my shop. It is perched on its original Hilltop dual wheel trailer. The boat was painted in early August and was sitting in my building until today when I finally had time to haul it 90 miles to my home and workshop where I am going to put it all back together for the final leg of the restoration. It sits bow high on the trailer and I did not notice until getting it into my shop that they (Painter) had apparently placed the bow hatch in it's original bow location and blew off in route. So now, I will be needing to find a repalcement. If anyone knows of a spare Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 bow hatch, please let me know! Damn, what a way to start the week! Do I feel stupid!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Buehler Help! 10 years 3 days ago #101073

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I've had days like that Hornet, sorry to hear about your trouble! Your wheel bearings and hub may not be toast, but I would sure pull them apart for a good cleaning and inspection. This has happened to me before and the grease that remained inside actually prevented any damage. (It was the last 125 miles of a road trip).

I now use Blue Loctite (Medium strength) when installing bearing buddies, haven't had a problem since........ ;)

That really stinks about your hatch - one of those deals where you wish your foot would go high enough to kick yourself in the butt! Good luck finding a replacement, sincerely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle