• Page:

TOPIC: Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC

Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 10 years 4 days ago #101046

• l98tpi
  • l98tpi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
There has been talk in the Carolinas Chapter of the AOMCI (Antique Outboard Motor Club International) of running a two day event, likely a season opener type thing. The Carolina chapter area runs from the south lakes in VA (SML, Buggs/Kerr, Gaston, Phillpot, and others) to SC. Lately (after looking over the mid west meeting pics) it seems logical to make this event as much about classic boats as outboard motors, since there is much interest crossover. Many members of the chapter have classic, glass, metal and wood boats. There may be boat specific clubs that will want to help, and it sure will take a lot of volunteers to do this well. This is only in the, gauging interest stage, and here I think is a great place to do that. Any location would need to have facilities and nearby food, accommodations for a fairly large number of persons (100+?) and room for their boats and motor displays.

Opine.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 10 years 4 days ago #101059

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Sounds like something that would be great for generating interest in our hobby in our area.

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 10 years 1 day ago #101169

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Looking like the interest is low.

Any hoo, the group is leaning toward a meet in South Carolina, in May most likely. Plans will congeal over that next couple of months.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 10 years 1 day ago #101172

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Please Keep us posted Mark, SC is only a few hours drive (parts of it anyway) for me. I doubt my current project will be seaworthy by next summer, but I might be able to drive over (Sunday only) and say hello, catch a boat ride?

Mark

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 10 years 5 hours ago #101230

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I would be interested in information as well. I am in SE VA.

Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 10 years 48 minutes ago #101250

Mark:

Our East Coast Glasspar Owners Association consisting of FG Members Al (morris), myself and mindco would be glad to help out with this.

We have planned and sponsored the Falls Lake, NC Antique Boating Event the last two years although participation was low. We have also held events off Topsail Island, N.C. not too far from Wilmington, N.C. This is a great area with many motels and good restaurants although it seems as though your group is more interested in holding this event in S.C.

Anyway, just some thoughts for you.

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 9 years 10 months ago #102498

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I must remember to manually subscribe to threads on fiberglassics since it seems auto subscribe is turned off.

The Carolinas AOMCI is having a 2 day wet meet on Clarks Lake SC at Hickory Knob park in late May but that location is not so conducive to a big meet at that time of year. The rooms were sold out quick and although we had a block reserved several members missed out. A earlier or later in the year meeting might work when the park is the least busy. Any of youse guys want to hang out with us give me a heads up (will forward details) and come on out Saturday the 30th.

But...
April late is the Washington, NC display and swap meet, the Marine Market event. We (Carolinas AOMCI) are part of the show and display there. And could definitely use the Fiberglassics community support.
Here is last years flyer.
www.littlewashingtonnc.com/event/marine-market
The 2015 date has not been officially set as far as I know but if they follow the pattern it will be the last Saturday in April which is the 25th.
It would be great to add Fiberglassics 'official' support too, I can hook, the powers that be to the powers that be, up. Failing that, at least I can, given enough notice, get space so some of you guys can park your stuff with us. Provided of course its outboard powered. :P

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 9 years 10 months ago #102499

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Please keep us posted. SE VA

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 9 years 10 months ago #102768

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
John and or Al, PM me and lets coordinate a joint meet at Fall Lake. I floated the idea to a few Carolinas members and they also think its a good fit.

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 9 years 10 months ago #102983

Please let the Blue Ridge Chapter of the ACBS know since we are so close.

Jerri

Re:Sampling interest in a South East event VA-NC-SC 9 years 10 months ago #103036

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I am not sure what I should let them know. Also I don't have a contact channel to their command. The the Raleigh ACBS bunch I do, also to the SML guys via an intermediary. I did see that their meets seem to be standardized on the same weekends every month, so their calender is already done. So i can add those to our (Carolinas) calender.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online