Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pettit Easypoxy paint questions

Pettit Easypoxy paint questions 10 years 4 days ago #101022

About two months ago I had my boat painted with Pettit Easypoxy paint. The boat was sprayed in two colors, deck being red and hull being white. I have a and orange peel on both sides of the hull near the bow. I have been letting the boat cure for these last two months as I have not had the time to start putting the boat back together. My question is if I can wet sand and buff the orange peel out of it or what would be my best option? The deck turned out beautiful...Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Pettit Easypoxy paint questions 10 years 4 days ago #101031

I would start by finding the number to the Tec department for Pettit. Might be on the can or you maybe able to get it from who ever you bought your supply's from.

Re:Pettit Easypoxy paint questions 10 years 4 days ago #101037

I called Pettit's Tech department and they said to use 3M Fineesse It and buff it out. They felt that is should be fully cured after 2 months time. Anyone have any experience with this paint? I have brushed it on wood hull plywood boats with great success and this was the first time I had it sprayed on glass. All comments welcome!

Re:Pettit Easypoxy paint questions 10 years 4 days ago #101051

BROUGHT my paint (petit easypoxy) to maaco and they sprayed it for me and baked it in an oven. no problem yet. it was done in 2005. ron ;.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online