Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pickup truck rental for boat towing

Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100976

Need to rent a pickup to tow a boat I just bought back to Little Rock, Ar. Boat is in Minoqua, Wisconsin. Would be a one way tow. Can anyone please recommend a place/source to rent a tow vehicle. I plan to fly in to Rhinelander, Wisconsin or thereabouts. I've been on the internet for hours and can't get a quote from anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100977

Jeff Graham,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Wishing that I had a pickup to loan out. = LOOKING FOR another one.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100980

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
1st off welcome aboard Jeff. Next, you may have to widen your search to include "SUV's" like Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, etc..
Many of them have a trailer hitch if I'm not mistaken?

I don't know of anyone who rents pickup trucks other than Home Depot, and I believe they're for local use only.

Mark

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100983

Hertz and Enterprise do have large suv's and some times picups but I have never seen them with tow packages. also their is a substantial up charge to use them for a one way trip. If you call them well ahead of time they might be able to help.

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100984

U-Haul rents trucks with towing packages.

www.uhaul.com/Trucks/

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100985

OH ya! Duh. Uhaul. Penske. You may have to get one in one of the bigger towns around there. still it will cost more for a one way rental.

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100990

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Rhinelander and Minoqua should both have U-Haul, They are substantial resort towns that cater to a moving tourist industry and yes they both have a Walmart :laugh: . Don't know about airports around the area. some private local ones. You might have to fly into Green Bay and drive "up nort". about a 2 hour drive.
How big is the boat and does it have a good trailer that can take the long distance?
I live just north of Green Bay and on occasion run up to that area. Also have a Jeep Liberty that I use to haul my "pull toy".
Cal

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100997

I have rented cargo vans from Enterprise that have had receiver hitches. Bring your own ball mount!

Problem is that the rental contracts often preclude towing with the rental vehicle, so you may be liable for damages resulting from towing.

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #100998

U Haul rents trucks specifically for towing, just tell them what you'll be towing with it when you rent.

A lot of times people will want to rent an auto transport trailer and their personal truck won't fit the U Hauls criteria for towing their auto transport trailers and they'll want you to rent one of their U Haul trucks to pull the trailer with.

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #101000

63 Sabre wrote:

Don't know about airports around the area. some private local ones. You might have to fly into Green Bay and drive "up nort". about a 2 hour drive.

Rhinelander (RHI), Central Wisconsin (CWA) and Green Bay (GRB) will be the 3 closest airports with airline service. I have them listed closest to farthest.

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 5 days ago #101004

You guys are great! I've actually been a member of Fiberglassics for a few years. I just never get on the forums. "You don't call till you need us, right"! I've got the old boat bug pretty bad. I just bought a 1967 14' Glastron Jetflight with v drive and chevy small block that is getting water into the engine somehow. That's the one in Wisconsin that I'm bustin a gut to go get. I also am blessed to own: 1958 12' Power Cat (twin Mark 58A's), aluminum Crestliner (twin Mark 30's), 10' Tunnel Mite wooden kit boat (25 hp Mercury KG-9) and my pride and joy a 16' 1959 or 1960 American Marc Catamarine (twin Mark 78A's). I'm fairly computer illiterate so havn't posted photos. I'll try and remedy that shortly. The Power Cat 12c is one of only two known to have survived and can be seen on the Power Cat website under "Power Cats still in use". I bought it from Marty Monson of St. Louis who did the wonderful restoration. I have removed Marty's bubble windshields as that's the only part of the restoration that didn't appeal to me. I have replaced but still have the twin Johnson's shown in the photos that Marty masterfully converted to electric start. IF ANYONE HAS A USE FOR THEM I WOULD SELL THEM REASONABLY. They are located in Hot Springs, Ar.

THANKS AGAIN ALL FOR THE TRUCK RENTAL SUGGESTIONS!!!!

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 3 days ago #101061

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Jeff, FYI.
I was in Mosinee, WI today, hometown of CWA. Here is a pic of the place. Rentals are Avis, Budget, Alamo, Hertz. It is a lone airport in the middle of a few cornfields.
Attachments:

Re:Pickup truck rental for boat towing 10 years 3 days ago #101066

Ended up booking delivery of the boat thru Uship. I used them once in the past and that worked well. Costing me $1012.99 total but I figure by the time i pay to fly up there and spend one night i n a hotel as well as gas back and the truck rental charge I have to be getting close to spending this much. Were I retired I'd do it just for the adventure of the trip but taking of work is a significant hidden expense as well. Still I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online