Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone ever see this link?

Anyone ever see this link? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100113

Lots of old parts, both new and used. Never saw it before today. I don't understand the way parts are organized but worth a look. www.vintageboatparts.com/shop/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone ever see this link? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100119

Jim,

I have never seen it before either and I have searched the internet many times with keywords that should have brought it up.
A few things I noticed.
If you click on an individual item and you check under the picture it has a date when "the item was added to our catalog". The oldest date I saw was from 2010 and the newest was from 2012. I looked at about fifteen ads ranging from the first page to the last page. Those dates can't be right.
Another thing I noticed is when I searched the site for "Scott" parts about 171 items came up. I scrolled throught the whole list and many of them looked very familiar as though they were off of e-bay. I finally saw an ad for a Scott service manual that the seller used a dollar bill to show how thick the manual was. I just saw the ad yesterday on ebay so I checked and it is definitley the same ad. Same pics, same text, same price.
The ad said the item was added to their catalog on Dec 31, 1969.
Also on the top of their ads they specify the "home" of the product. The name in the ad was NOT the same as the seller in the ebay ad.
There is no "About us" on the masthead and at the bottom of the home page right under the methods they accept for payment was printed my IP address. I don't ever remember seeing that before on a website.
At this point I don't intend to go back to it.

Don

Re:Anyone ever see this link? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100136

Good points Flying Fish. By chance are from the around Earnest in Pennsylvania?

Re:Anyone ever see this link? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100192

Flying Fish wrote:

Jim,

I have never seen it before either and I have searched the internet many times with keywords that should have brought it up.
A few things I noticed.
If you click on an individual item and you check under the picture it has a date when "the item was added to our catalog". The oldest date I saw was from 2010 and the newest was from 2012. I looked at about fifteen ads ranging from the first page to the last page. Those dates can't be right.
Another thing I noticed is when I searched the site for "Scott" parts about 171 items came up. I scrolled throught the whole list and many of them looked very familiar as though they were off of e-bay. I finally saw an ad for a Scott service manual that the seller used a dollar bill to show how thick the manual was. I just saw the ad yesterday on ebay so I checked and it is definitley the same ad. Same pics, same text, same price.
The ad said the item was added to their catalog on Dec 31, 1969.
Also on the top of their ads they specify the "home" of the product. The name in the ad was NOT the same as the seller in the ebay ad.
There is no "About us" on the masthead and at the bottom of the home page right under the methods they accept for payment was printed my IP address. I don't ever remember seeing that before on a website.
At this point I don't intend to go back to it.

Don

I wouldn't worry about the ip address thing, every website you go to tracks that. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024