Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whitehouse Polaris?

Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 month ago #100014

We ran across this boat for sale yesterday and although not ever having owned a boat are really tempted to purchase this one. We live in an area with lots of boaters and river systems so maybe it is time! I am hoping someone on here can give us some advice as to fair price, what to look for in the way of issues etc. Boat appears to be in relatively good shape for its age. So I am attaching a few pics and would love to know what you all think. Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 month ago #100015

Sorry .. photos didn't attach
Attachments:

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 month ago #100016

and another
Attachments:

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 month ago #100017

Last one :laugh:
Attachments:

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 month ago #100019

Jazz, welcome aboard and very nice find. I can't tell you much about it but I like the small cruisers.

Bob

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 month ago #100035

jazzabellejb,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 week ago #100829

Thanks for the welcomes! Update.... we bought the boat :laugh: I think we did ok pricewise, $900 for boat, trailer and 25hp Johnson Seahorse ('70s vintage from what I can determine). So now the fun begins and I am sure I will be asking for lots of advice from all you knowledgeable folk! We have already started to take her apart and knew we needed to replace the deck before we bought but other than that she appears to be well cared for in general. Unfortunately we can't really get going until spring because our garage is unheated and I don't think fibreglass cures very well in -20 celcius :( which it will be here in a month or two.
Attachments:

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 week ago #100832

That's great Jazz, congrats. Looking forward to watching the restoration. Plenty of folks here have been there so ask away.

Bob

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 week ago #100840

Very cool boat!

Go ahead and do your demolition now, remove the decking and check the stringers and transom for rot (they'll probably need to be removed too). Do all of the grinding and clean-up as well. You'll be way ahead of the game come spring when the weather warms back up to start glassing.

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 10 years 1 week ago #100843

Welcome Aboard, now thats one cool boat. nice find Madbohunk safe boating

Re:Whitehouse Polaris? 9 years 3 months ago #112269

Well it has taken about 9 months but we are now hard at it! Finally got it stripped down and every piece of wood on the deck was compost so starting with a clean slate. There was no evidence of stringers of any kind but I don't know if that was original or a previous repair job. I does appear to have just been 3" boards laid in as you can see the outline quite clearly....so that is what we are going to attempt! Wish us luck...
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online