Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP Motor wont Start Now

HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98069

Hello Again, I need to Trust the Great Minds here on FiberGlassics. Last Sunday I finally got the Boat out on the Water. Had a few problems to work out with it but a few ppl on here helped me. NEW problem is we left the Dock and started out slow going for almost 1 3rd of a mile when all of a sudden the MOTOR just stopped. Put it back into Nuetral and turned the Key and nothing. My Buddy pulled us back to dock and the battery was dead. Anyway I went out and got a Brand New Battery and still nothing. When I turned the Key to Start the Solenoid made a Clicking noise and thats it. So on Monday Morning took off the Old Solenoid and went to Marine store and I got another one. Put that 1 on and the same thing NOTHING. This is a 1963 Johnson RDSL-25 Super Sea Horse OutBoard. I am at WITS end on this. Can anyone Please Help me here. Was RUNNING like a Top Sunday, then just stopped, and would not Refire. Thankyou very much in Advance for any Help here. Tom. PS Also have put in a New Thermostat all New Gas Lines, New Gas Filter and Bowl, New Spark Plugs, Gapped at 30, Fresh Gas and Oil. Like I said it was Running Great then just stopped. Thankyou again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98071

is it just the solenoid clicking or does it look like the starter tries to engauge? does the motor turn over by hand.. if yes.. check all your battery connections,, possible bad cable or connection.. and check the starter.. its possible the starter took a crap on you..

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98073

Hello VintageRunner, nope I get nothing at all. I have all new Connections and new Battery Clamps, New Battery and New Solenoid. Everything is tight. Turn key and nothing at all no clicking nothing.

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98074

Did you check the fuse or fuses? Bad ground? Just my thoughts. Matt

1967 Crownline-for the river
1960 Whitehouse-for the lake
1963 Starcraft-for fishing

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98077

Hello Matt, where would the fuses be?

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98100

If throttle is advanced too far there is a safety switch that prevents cranking.----Found under the flywheel at the back.----Remove wire ( white ? ) touch that to the block and see if it cranks.

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98108

There should be a in line fuse, probably off your key switch heading towards electrical box.I have also scene them under the hood (on later models). That safety switch is a good thing to check out too! Good luck and let us know the outcome! Matt

1967 Crownline-for the river
1960 Whitehouse-for the lake
1963 Starcraft-for fishing

Re:HELP Motor wont Start Now 10 years 2 months ago #98114

Hello All Again, Well we finally figured it out again. The solendid was faulty. Got a OEM and bingo fired rt up. There is no In- Line fuse on this Motor but Thankyou anyway Matt. Thankyou very much Professor for responding also and the rest of you. Well after getting it back out on the Water late this Afternoon, found out I now need to Rebuild the Carb, and Diaphragm. Had it up to 20 miles an hour and started to give a little more Throttle and Carb flooded itself out and died. Will Rebuild tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted. Thankyou to everyone that has Responded to this thread. Tom.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7445 guests and no members online