Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gale 40hp shift lever

Gale 40hp shift lever 10 years 4 months ago #94553

I'm an idiot. Got one of the gales runing over the weekend, but shifter was stuck. So, being excited, I killed the motor and just kept playing it back and forth, forced it a little too hard, and broke it beneath the connector. Did get it to shift tough :dry:...

So anyone have an extra they want to sell/trade? I have a bunch of parts for these motors, as well as a bunch of other stuff. I have an extra motor that i can take one off of, but it is complete and i'd rather keep it that way. This is a soverign, I believe '62 or '63, and, I THINK, the lever for the 35 also fits. Not sure about the johnnie-rudes as they look a little different, but they may as most other parts interchange.

Let me know.

Thanks folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Gale 40hp shift lever 10 years 4 months ago #94836

Please post some clear pictures of the part needed (or area of the motor it is located) and / or the OMC part number. It will be far faster to help if we are sure of the part you are needed.

Also - never attempt to force shift a mechanical lower unit when the engine is not running. The clutch has lobes on it that must mesh with ramps on the gears. Without the motor running, or the propeller turning, the parts many not align properly, causing a bind. Sometimes turning the propeller a bit will allow the lever to engage properly. Pulling the motor over by hand half of a revolution may work too. But never FORCE -

Re:Gale 40hp shift lever 10 years 4 months ago #94984

Hey Bruce,

original part number is 592898. pics attached.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7268 guests and no members online