Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cable Sleeves for 2 Gale 40hp...

Cable Sleeves for 2 Gale 40hp... 10 years 4 months ago #93832

Hey folks,

As I collect and start to assemble stuff for the Gales to go on the Club Mariner, the cable bundle sleeve (black rubber) that goes from the outboard to the box is in need of replacement. My search comes up with a couple of options, one is a flexible sleeve by T-H marine that I like, but only seems to be sold in bulk, and a zippered sleeve that runs around $40 each and is way overkill, plus wouldn't look right on 50 yo motors. I would need something with a ~1.5" inside diameter to house cables as well as gas line. Only needs to be around 4' or so per motor.

Or should I just get some wide tape and wrap it for now? Just hate having to re-do stuff.

Thanks,

Al T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Cable Sleeves for 2 Gale 40hp... 10 years 4 months ago #93881

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
One of the gang here found some at McMaster-Carr that fit the bill nicely, I'll see if I can find the old post to get you the correct info;
www.mcmaster.com/#

Mark

Re:Cable Sleeves for 2 Gale 40hp... 10 years 4 months ago #93882

Hi Al and Mark,
To throw our hat into the ring, I was always particular about this when rigging outboards, so we have the T-H flex sleeving in 1/2 and 3/4 inch (these can easily expand by 4 times) and Shields 1 & 1/2 inch split plastic loom, which we all sell by the foot ($0.59, $0.79, and $0.99 per foot respectfully). These can be viewed on this page of our website: www.fergusonpoolemarine.com/electricalignition.html (go to the very bottom of the page please). The rubber is nice when finished, only if the exact size can be found, but is a very great pain to work with otherwise.

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Re:Cable Sleeves for 2 Gale 40hp... 10 years 4 months ago #93907

Thank you Gents!

Mark, THAT is a great site! Will be be VERY useful going forward, Thanks.

Joe, I'll shoot you an email regarding the T-H - like the look of that stuff and from what I read easy to manipulate.

Thanks again Gentlemen - my intent is to try to get the Gales running by Sunday....we'll see...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7603 guests and no members online