Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens

twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 8 months ago #88936

I have 2 1957 or 58 johnson javelins there in rough shape but good enough to be restored does anyone have an idea what they are worth as is or restored ? I would post a pic but cant figure out how to do it from a tablet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 8 months ago #88950

The Gold Javelins by Johnson were only made in 1957. I have bought them from as low as $50 not running however all the parts there and not frozen up, and have turn down $1500 for one all restored but the chrome. (wait till after the flotilla and then I will sell many of the motors I been hording). The most I have paid for one running shape is $300 and the chrome was in great shape

As of last count I think I have 6 or 7 57 Javelins restored or in restorative shape, and a few that will be used for parts

CAVU

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 8 months ago #89050

thanks I dont know what Iam going to do with them yet right now they are just decoration for my gate posts I would like to trade them for a running murcury 1964 or older

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 7 months ago #90306

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm looking to buy a 57-58 golden javelin...I have some old mercurys for trade or cash...kajun29 at the Y is my email or send me a private message here

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 5 months ago #92218

I have a '57 Johnson Golden Javelin on a Lonestar Malibu. The engine has developed a crack in the mid-case just under the exhaust port (both sides). I understand this was a problem with some early castings being thin in this section and later castings were beefed-up. Does anyone know how to repair the cracks or (more likely) where I can get a new beefier mid-case?
Attachments:

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 5 months ago #92354

TallTexan wrote:

The Gold Javelins by Johnson were only made in 1957.

The 1958 gold engine is called the "Super Sea-Horse"

1958 is my favorite year for Johnsons!

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 5 months ago #92395

scottcannon wrote:

I have a '57 Johnson Golden Javelin on a Lonestar Malibu. The engine has developed a crack in the mid-case just under the exhaust port (both sides). I understand this was a problem with some early castings being thin in this section and later castings were beefed-up. Does anyone know how to repair the cracks or (more likely) where I can get a new beefier mid-case?

Any 1957 and 1958 Johnson or Evinrude mid section will fit (Except the supper silent). Just will have to paint it. If you cannot find one local let me know and I can sell you one of the many that I have laying around.

CAVU

Re:twin 35 hp johnson javelin goldens 10 years 5 months ago #93092

TallTexan - Yes, I'm interested in getting a mid section from you. I am in southern New Mexico for shipping purposes.
Questions:
1. Do 'beefier' mid sections exist for these engines?
2. Would one of yours be 'beefier'?
3. If replacing with a 'thinner' mid section, can anything be done to prevent the cracking?
4. Does anyone know what paint (formulation, color) to use?

Thanks,
Scott

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9364 guests and no members online