Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '59 Lark 35 ?s

'59 Lark 35 ?s 11 years 2 weeks ago #83556

• JRodDv
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Got a couple of quickies for you guys...

Removed the starter to get to the Carb on my '59 Lark 35 and the shielding to the cable going from the solenoid to the starter deteriorated before my eyes. I looked on two parts diagrams and cannot find the specific cable. Can I just replace this with generic 12V cable from my local auto parts store, or is something marine grade that I need to get special?

I replaced a couple fuel lines on the motor (when I took the ones that were on there off they were cracking and broke right at the connections). When I mentioned this in my "hello" post in main topic, it was suggested to go to an outboard shop to get the fuel line. Is there any reason that for the time being I couldn't use some generic double wall, non-fuel injection, line from the local Napa?

Further, is there some simple rhyme or something I can use to help me know when its time to get something marine grade and not something "off-the-shelf", or am I worrying too much about that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: '59 Lark 35 ?s 11 years 2 weeks ago #83565

JRodDV,

Obviously I don't know about where you live but AUTO ZONE here in San Antonio sells "alcohol-proof" double fuel line by the foot.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: '59 Lark 35 ?s 11 years 2 weeks ago #83567

Age has gotten to the insulation. It would be best if you bought tin coated wire used for boats.

Ancor makes very good wire and end fittings. West Marine Boats US Jamestown and most good marine outlets will sell it

CAVU
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8941 guests and no members online