Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964 Johnson V4A-16D Info Needed

1964 Johnson V4A-16D Info Needed 11 years 4 months ago #77650

Greetings all. Found this site researching a 1964 Mariner boat that I purchased that with what I think is a 1964 Johnson V4A-16D 75 hp motor on it. The cover is apparently from an Evinrude Starflite VI but from what I know lots of these motors are interchangable. Serial number on the engine is listed as J2438233 in case that helps anyone out.

I've worked on outboards before, but usually much smaller and never anything with what appear to be electric controls. This motor is attached to a Johnson Electramatic control.

As it sits, I'm only into the boat and motor for $450 and intend on getting the whole operation up and going for fishing and cruising. If anyone is more experienced with these motors or happens to have any wiring diagrams or links to service manuals that have been scanned in online it would be greatly appreciated. I'll be checking the local library today, and I already know I can order some of the old books online, but I'm trying to get this sucker going asap.

I'll be starting on going through the wiring today as I have already noticed plenty of corrosion through the junction box, but fortunately this boat has spent at least it's last ten years in a garage according to the PO.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/hints/etc!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1964 Johnson V4A-16D Info Needed 11 years 4 months ago #77655

www.old-omc.de for old brochures and some technical stuff.

Andreas

Re:1964 Johnson V4A-16D Info Needed 11 years 4 months ago #77656

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm not sure how much difference there is between the '63 and '64 models BF, but Andgott has the -63 model manuals posted on his website;
www.agott.com/glassboat/manuals.html

Welcome aboard, BTW! ;)

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9634 guests and no members online