Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tribute to Henry Hegel and Joe Gibba OMC Technical

Tribute to Henry Hegel and Joe Gibba OMC Technical 11 years 5 months ago #76487

I have a 1990 Renken Spitfire that I went through two OMC King Cobra 262 (4.3L) I/Os due to manifold failure. I wrote OMC of my malady, and they promptly gave me a (new at the time) 1997 OMC/Volvo Penta King Cobra. Henry Hegel, OMC's technical director at the time and his lead technician, Joe Gibba were in constant contact with me until the engine was delivered to my local mechanic in South Carolina and installed.

Much to my dismay, OMC went out of business in 2000, I understand Henry Hegel went on to Mercury, not sure of what happened to Joe Gibba.

I found their support and generosity to be MOST OUTSTANDING, and I believe that OMC going under was despite their staunch efforts to keep the brand alive.

This engine still powers by 1990 Renken Spitfire to a top speed of 60 MPH +, speedometer goes wacky when I'm up at 4800 RPM.

Thanks again Gentlemen, I raise a glass to OMC - awesome !!!!!!!!!

Very Respectfully,

Harry Ward
Lt. Colonel, USMC (Retired)
A-6 Bombardier/Navigator, Tornado F-3 Radar Intercept Officer, F/A-18 D Weapons Systems Officer

Semper Fi Henry !!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Tribute to Henry Hegel and Joe Gibba OMC Technical 11 years 5 months ago #76488

After rereading the above, it is a 1997 OMC/Volvo Penta Cobra SX 5.0 Gi, before someone else corrects me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9527 guests and no members online