Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need prop id

need prop id 11 years 11 months ago #71210

I came across a used prop that says it's for a 75hp Johnson/evinrude v4, early 60's. It's a Michigan prop, three blade, large hub, and part no 012043. I looked on their website and it no longer recognizes this number. Anyone out there have any info? Thanks, and happy boating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:need prop id 11 years 11 months ago #71214

When I searched for the old number I got this one as the superceeded one www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/MWC/MWC012043.html

Re:need prop id 11 years 11 months ago #71261

Thanks for the info. I also called mwc and confimmed exactly the size/pitch. In a previous post I stated I lost my original prop, a 10" 11pitch, but the boat/motor was a bit overprop'd. It didn't have very good punch out of the hole, and the motor wasn't reaching full rpm. I now have a 10" 9 1/4p and a 10 1/4" 10p to play with along with the tachometer I ordered. I hope to get this done yet this year as winter is right around the corner here in WI. Happy boating.

Re:need prop id 11 years 10 months ago #71359

We had such a nice day in SE WI yesterday and even though I havn't received my tach yet, I took the boat out on one of our smaller lakes. I tried both props and there wasn't hardly any difference between the two but, they both gave much more performance on holeshot than the 10" 11pitch prop. Top speed for both was 34mph (GPS), the same as the 10" 11pitch but, the motor was more into the proper rpm. The motor noise was less due to less intake droan and the motor seemed smoother throughout. So far I'm very happy with the conversion from fifty to seventy-five hp as I have better performance, improved engine cooling, all in a package that looks like it came out of the late fifties with the 1958 Starflight exterior. Happy boating.

Re:need prop id 11 years 10 months ago #71367

I assume your motor is a magneto also? Interested in what tach you decided on? Only one I found to work is a Tiny Tach. But would rather go with a old school dial, just because. I'm old school too LOL

Re:need prop id 11 years 10 months ago #71369

I emailed directly teleflex and they stated any of their tachs would work. In my email I stated that I had a magneto ignition and no charging system. I assume that it must pick-up off of the primary ignition wire which gives 4 pulses per rotation. If it won't work, it goes back. Happy Boating :laugh:

Re:need prop id 11 years 10 months ago #71373

THX, Ive been looking for a tach for many moons. Just to get differing responses

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7026 guests and no members online