Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Junction boxes

Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110125

Getting all the bits & pieces together to start the wiring. Just curious, is there a particular reason the starter relay is offset on one of the boxes?
Thanks

Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110134

The bigger one would go to the engine with the chargiing unit on it. That requires a regulator, which mounted to the top of the box, and I assume they offset it so everything would fit in the box. My gale twins are set up the same way.

Re: Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110135

Looks awesome, btw!

Re: Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110136

Also just thought of this,

although it may not be a issue for you, those look like the same solenoids I got from sierra for the gales. what i found ws that they didn't sit in the box well with the regulator and all the other wiring. I wound up getting a NOS one - although haven't tried it yet! The unit is the same size and all, but the legs are placed further back on the body in the original configuration. Drove me crazy until I pulle dthe old one out of the garbage to campare!

Re:Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110138

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Those boxes look great Bill, did you refurbish them yourself?

Mark

Re: Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110155

That looks great. Just a couple of questions. Where did you find the junction boxes and where did you find the right voltage regulator? I've been looking anywhere I could think of and haven't had any luck. Best of luck getting her fired up.
--Aaron B.

Re: Junction boxes 9 years 4 months ago #110160

I should have mentioned the large cover with the regulator was acquired separately from the box, so I don't think it has anything to do with the regulator. The box was from an Evinrude without reg.
However I got looking at the diagrams in the covers and it looks like later models used a plug type harness with the offset solenoid.
Oh well, don't think it really matters.

Mark, yes I did the boxes myself, but I used the vinegar/salt solution mentioned on another thread. Did a good job cleaning, but removed the tinning on the terminals.

Aaron, a couple of the boxes came with boats I purchased. I bought the generator, regulator and cover separately either from someone here, or e-bay. I can't remember. E-bay is probably your best bet.

Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8105 guests and no members online