• Page:

TOPIC: Is this worth $150?

Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108626

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
A fella is asking for an offer on this fat fifty. Says the propeller turns :laugh:
A boat and trailer is connected to it. Seller is asking for an offer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108628

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Is there a title or registration for the boat or decent parts? If not, the boat's just something you'll have to get rid of later. Will the motor turn over? If so,I'd see if I could get a compression reading after adding a squirt of oil to each cyl. Title for trailer? Condition of trailer?If he'd take $150, it might be a good deal. In my opinion,if there's not decent parts you need or something you can recoup your money out of,it's just a bunch of junk,you'll have to deal with later. Don't mean to be a downer,but in the past,I've bought some "great deals" only to have to haul the sh!t off to the dump later. jim

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108713

I don't know if it makes a difference to you or not, but the motor is a 1960 Evinrude 75 HP, not a 50 HP. Big, heavy to move around, but worth that much in parts at least. Especially if it comes with the remote throttle controls, junction box, and wiring harness.

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108733

Pretty hard to go wrong with that deal as long as the trailer isn't all rusted out, that should be worth the price alone. I also agree that the motor as long as it has the controls and the electrical box is worth the price. Now if you don't need any of it.....
I also have a garage full of good deals!

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108737

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks Al, I'll remember that :laugh:

I'm going to call the owner this week and see if he will just part with the motor and controls. If so, it's time to break out the big hammer and wrenches. Bring a buddy and some beer.

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108757

Bring the BIG buddy my 63 Evinrude 75hp is approx 240lbs.
He may drink more beer but those V4's are a handfull.

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108759

gene gene,

ONLY 240 pounds??? = I once had one on a houseboat & it seemed to be about as heavy as the QUEEN MARY.
(Ran good though.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Is this worth $150? 9 years 5 months ago #108773

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Well wouldn't you know it's been raining for the last two days and the fields are muddy, also the cow yards.
Drove 30 miles to check it out and the guy was right, "the propeller turns"
All parts are there sans generator but I don't think it ever had one.
My bud from high school over 50 years ago...I gave him a call to ride along. This guy has trouble standing up in a good wind and also hase two fake knees.
The boat is in the cow yard, 3" of mud and you know what, boat is garbage, trailer is rusty and tires are run off the rims. Now this is just an old barn, no house around so I called the guy and low balled him just for the motor. $50 bucks takes it all, motor, working controls, complete wiring w/ign and the coup de gras a tach. It's cold, chill factor in the 30's, wind blowing, scattered snow, ice, hail, and rain. Buddy wanted to go home, no way... I wrenched the bolts from the transom, cut the wires on the key switch and tach, disconnected everything and them my bud comes out of the heated car to help load the anchor. Good thing there was mud because we let her fall...too damn heavy. eased it into the back of my Jeep, drove to the guys house and handed him a $50 came home. Now I'm in the parts business, I'll clean everything up and catalog then ebay here I come.

One problem I had is while loading it up one of those &^%%^&*( doel fins caught on the bumper ahd snapped off a chunk of the lower fin but it's repairable. Could be a short shaft or long. ;)
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8534 guests and no members online