Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: another newbie question

another newbie question 10 years 1 week ago #100448

I took out my boat today and something seams wrong. After a carb rebuild abd fuel pump rebuild i swapped the prop toa spre tht came with the boat. Old prop 10x1x10 new prop 10x1/4x10. Boat ran fine and started great but would not go over 8 or 9. She should have gone much faster. I dont know much about props but could this be the problem?
She ran good. Plugs did not foul and no starting or flooding issue.i dont even think she was missing just no acceleration.if not the prop what can i check? Now that i see it in writting i dont think the prop size if differant enough to notice any performance issues so where do i start?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:another newbie question 10 years 1 week ago #100454

Just a thought,
Since my prop is pin driven slippage should be a non issue. I changed the oil in my lower unit but not being selectric i should be safe with the oil. I am thinking i still have a fuel delivery issue. Wouldnt that manifest itself as a lean condition? You think maybe its the hose?

Re:another newbie question 10 years 1 week ago #100455

a prop spinning on it's hub is fairly common....mark the hub and the prop and see if she moves under power...john

Re:another newbie question 10 years 1 week ago #100456

I put my other prop back on and she acted a lot better in the test barrel. Put her in gear and she threw water all over.i am feeling confident but i thought if the prop was slipping it would rev too high but she didnot act that way. Can someone help me understand the relationship between the prop and the effect on the rpms? Sometimes it helps to know why things work.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6785 guests and 2 members online