• Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone tell me.......

Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #51965

• glassparnut
  • glassparnut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
..... how come when ol NUT finally joins the party, everyone leaves? :unsure: Garlic breath?
no FrankenMerc, no Savage, no G3bill, no Madprop, no ShortShaft No nevergonnabefast Ben?????? I realize you Merc boys are probably up to your ears in motor repairs after the summer, and scrambling just to get them running again by the springtime, but, gee..... I'm bored as the MAYTAG repairman, moping around with nothing to do but...... polish my Johnson! ;) HA!
NUT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #51966

beat a Johnson once and you know you beat him so badly whats the point ...move on

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52017

nothing to do but...... polish my Johnson! HA!

LOL

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52037

NUT!!!!!! I am here for you man! Its been so long since you've been around, we've all forgot what rings your bell.

There... thats probably enough of a dark side dose to make you happy!!!

All I can tell you is the MERC camp are all polishing our stack-6 motors, waiting patiently for an oblivious OMC to cross our paths.

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52039

deanlofall wrote:

NUT!!!!!! we've all forgot what rings your bell.

just post pics of our Faster mercury's :woohoo:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52049

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MadProps wrote:

deanlofall wrote:

NUT!!!!!! we've all forgot what rings your bell.

just post pics of our Faster mercury's :woohoo:

Ahhhhhhh!!! at least a couple "KOOKs" are still lurking around the board!!!! :P ....Madprops, I figured you would be the LEAST likely to reply, cause I figured you would still be out rummageing around in your scrap pile looking for that "magic" Merc to battle the BIG BOYS with next summer....
And DEAN, you are correct- those pictures were more than I could take..... :S.... nauseating, and thanks to you, I may have to call in SICK to work tomorrow,....uuuggghhh!!! The only one I could stomach to look at, was the PRICELESS one, with the dead, lifeless, dock smasher hanging from a rope, getting ready for its new life- as a mailbox? OR..... headed to the scrap pile? :unsure: Maybe you could unload it onto Madprops, cause I know he is in the market for a scrap metal rattlebox to "tinker" around with this winter..... :silly:
Also, gotta say, your BANDIT looks GREAT!!!! Just imagine the improvement a BIG BLOCK V4, in White, (JOHNSON) or Blue, (EVINRUDE) gracing the transom would do for it? (Good thing for you, and the entire DARK SIDE team for that matter, that I don't have PHOTOSHOP software (or skills!).....hehehehe..... :woohoo: )
Well, I will let you guys get back to hammering away on those goofy contraptions of yours, and I will get back to my favorite pastime....polishing my big JOHNSON!!! :ohmy: HA!
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52074

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Doc is this your new old 1963 Merc 1000 in action!?!?!? She is gorgeous!

Sorry bout all the Mercs Nut! I was raised on OMC but you know what they say, "once you go black (phantom black that is) you never go back".

Enjoy the upcoming Christmas and New Years Holidays Folks!
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52075

glassparnut wrote:
...Madprops, I figured you would be the LEAST likely to reply, cause I figured you would still be out rummageing around in your scrap pile looking for that "magic" Merc to battle the BIG BOYS with next summer....

NUT Im not working on a G3 runabout as I thought I would, I am building a faster ride for the summer
1 of a kind 11.5 ft stv style picklefork tunnel hull Im starting with 110hp but looking for a 1350 or 1500

small performance hull with the biggest motor I can find/afford & it should be scary fast if I dont blow it over

EDIT: just talked with the Dr. and found that 1350 powerhead :woohoo: :woohoo:

Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52078

seems to be alot of "Johnson Beating" going on in here ....Hmmm

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52095

NUT... didnt your momma ever tell you that if you polish your Johnson too much it may stunt your growth? :ohmy:

That photo you are referring to was Bandit having her POWER plant installed. Fresh out of the crate!

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52098

Michael, now I see why they call you MADPROPS! That is awesome, do you have more photos and where did you get your plans?

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52099

deanlofall wrote:

Michael, now I see why they call you MADPROPS! That is awesome, do you have more photos and where did you get your plans?

Dean I did not build the hull ,a local guy designed the hull bottom like an STV V tunnel with the looks of the full size 22ft Cougar Picklefork design for the top deck, he built the mold and this first boat.... divorce ensued and they were lost, 10 years later he goes back east to get his kid for the summer and they were still under the tarp in the back yard..he loaded up this hull in the back of the truck and brought it to Oregon, his new wife didnt want it around and I got it from CraigsList for $500 :kiss:

Its fully rigged , wired, foot throttle, safety kill lanyard, speedo, tach, water pressure gage, Jackplate for speed performance, need to install Power Tilt & Trim , titled & registered, I need to test a couple cleaver surface props to find the right pitch when Im ready to go
I have safety gear for myself as well :ohmy:

Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52121

Really cool lines Michael. Paint job is sweet too... Truely a MadProps project! :silly: Keep the board posted on your progress... I want to see that thing fly (i dont mean airborne!).

WHAT DO YOU THINK NUT? This hot-rod would even look good with a highly polished Johnson on the back... (though not near as fine as with it's tall, reliable, black thorough-bred Mercury POWER). :woohoo:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52137

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Nut, I'd like to see all the pics of your 'J' in pieces being worked on! Think there could be a Cover-Up going on here with so much silence during the off season,LOL. Are you polishing the Pistons:)

Mad Props thats a sweet looking toy but you wouldn't get me in there. Looks like the motor would sink the Mini-PickleFork and with me for sure we'd go under :( ? Yeah that is a real nice paint job and cool lines. Even though its not a g3 please keep us posted...Would be something to see it pass Nut in a Blurrrrr!!!!! :laugh:

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52143

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MadProps wrote:

deanlofall wrote:

Dean I did not build the hull ,a local guy designed the hull bottom like an STV V tunnel with the looks of the full size 22ft Cougar Picklefork design for the top deck, he built the mold and this first boat.... divorce ensued and they were lost, 10 years later he goes back east to get his kid for the summer and they were still under the tarp in the back yard..he loaded up this hull in the back of the truck and brought it to Oregon, his new wife didnt want it around and I got it from CraigsList for $500 :kiss:

Its fully rigged , wired, foot throttle, safety kill lanyard, speedo, tach, water pressure gage, Jackplate for speed performance, need to install Power Tilt & Trim , titled & registered, I need to test a couple cleaver surface props to find the right pitch when Im ready to go
I have safety gear for myself as well :ohmy:

WOW!!!! THAT baby is FREAKIN COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could see me in that, with my BIG JOHNSON, cruzin the beach for babes, on hot summer weekends!!! HA!
Back in the early 80's I saw a very similar styled boat advertised in the Boat Trader. It was built in So. Cal, by SYNDICATE Boats, and like yours, was a 12' picklefork. I fell so in love with that Boat Trader picture, I actually took the 10 hour drive to go see it in person! The real thing looked even better with its wild, multi colored gelcoat graphics, and fresh out of the mold smell of newly layed resin. If I remember correctly, they wanted around $1,200.00 for the bare hull (think you got a small, bench seat too...)and your choice of colors and graphics. But as much as I wanted to tow it home with me, my practical side decided it was just too small for what I generally use a boat for- water skiing, ferrying friends and gear to the beach, and besides, it certainly wouldn't take the awesome, raw power of an OMC V4,(I forget what HP it was rated for) so no fun for assults on the world speed record, either. I returned home with an empty trailer hitch.
I am very interested in updates on this radical project!!! and, unlike G3Bill, I WANT A RIDE!!!!!! HA!
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52145

OK NUT we can get you behind the wheel you will need you own helmet and good safety jacket

Now although my hull is bigger than this little 10footer and floats level with a Merc 6 on the back ..unlike this 10ft about to transom sink under the weight, here is an OMC over powered picklefork to make you feel better NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52209

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MadProps wrote:

OK NUT we can get you behind the wheel you will need you own helmet and good safety jacket

Now although my hull is bigger than this little 10footer and floats level with a Merc 6 on the back ..unlike this 10ft about to transom sink under the weight, here is an OMC over powered picklefork to make you feel better NUT

EXCELLENT, on both the boat ride, and that OMC video!!!!
You just earned yourself a big fat KARMA point from me!!!
VERRY COOL! THANKS!!!!!
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52332

Hey Nut! THAT´S MY MERC ONE DAY IN OCTOBER ON MY LAKE "STORSJÖN" IN SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
53 mph GPS / 5600 rpm / 3-blade aluprop 23" cupped / 1" raised.

Merry Christmas from Åke "Okie" Månsson in Sweden!

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52449

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
akemans wrote:

Hey Nut! THAT´S MY MERC ONE DAY IN OCTOBER ON MY LAKE "STORSJÖN" IN SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
53 mph GPS / 5600 rpm / 3-blade aluprop 23" cupped / 1" raised.

Merry Christmas from Åke "Okie" Månsson in Sweden!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too, AKE!!!! Good to hear from you over on the other side of the world! Sorry to hear your Merc is not performing well, but I cannot offer you any advice other than.....
well, you know...... HA! ;) Maybe if you have been good this year Santa will leave a nice, powerful OMC V4 under the tree for you? :silly: So, what is the water temperature on Lake Storsjon in October? just wondering, cause it appears you are the only one on the water that day! :ohmy:
How about posting some of your great pics from the International G3 Rally to get us through these boring winter months? Best wishes to you in 2012!!!
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52519

Don't worry Nut - we've got your back. I think you're on to something here - Those Merc boys are busy trying to cobble together enough parts to make those skinny rattle boxes run one more season. Just a few dabs of JB weld here & there... no big deal.

We're coolin' our heels 'round here too, No need to fuss and fix when you have an OMC.
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52615

Merry Christmas Bill, heres one for you. Brian
G3's as far as the eye can see!!
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52621

Bruce Gerard wrote:

Don't worry Nut - we've got your back. I think you're on to something here - Those Merc boys are busy trying to cobble together enough parts to make those skinny rattle boxes run one more season. Just a few dabs of JB weld here & there... no big deal.

We're coolin' our heels 'round here too, No need to fuss and fix when you have an OMC.

when we buy a MERC we realize how easily they spank OMC's that we buy bigger motors to go spank some more bigger OMC's ....you know, same as the "I need a bigger boat thing" but this is way better beating bigger OMC motors consistently

the reason we are always working on vintage mercurys firstly is the demand....DID YA SEE THE FAVORITE MOTOR POLLS :kiss:
and particularity in my case they run so damned great after I rebuild these old relics that I cant keep them in the barn, someone ALWAYS WANTS A FRESH REBUILT PRETTY MERC

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52637

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boatsnmotors wrote:

Merry Christmas Bill, heres one for you. Brian

G3's as far as the eye can see!!

EPIC!!!! :cheer: THANKS, BRIAN! Merry Christmas to you and ALL in the G3 "family"!!!! HA!
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52638

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MadProps wrote:

Bruce Gerard wrote:

when we buy a MERC we realize how easily they spank OMC's that we buy bigger motors to go spank some more bigger OMC's ....you know, same as the "I need a bigger boat thing" but this is way better beating bigger OMC motors consistently

the reason we are always working on vintage mercurys firstly is the demand....DID YA SEE THE FAVORITE MOTOR POLLS :kiss:
and particularity in my case they run so damned great after I rebuild these old relics that I cant keep them in the barn, someone ALWAYS WANTS A FRESH REBUILT PRETTY MERC

Michael, do you realize that Bruce is the "Dr. FRANKENMERC" of OMC's??? While Thom and your souped up and finely tuned motors may indeed have a edge over my tired, old ebay special, Bruces engines are in an entirely different league. Better choose your OMC "victims" carefully, or your BIG GUN RATTLEBOX MERC just may suffer a humiliating, serious "spankling" in front of the entire G3 world!!! :woohoo: Thanks to guys like Bruce, I can rest easy, knowing TEAM OMC is STILL a force to reckon with!!! Oh, and about your "favorite motor poll" :S (HA!)....certainly, nobody asked ME to participate, and this bogus poll was probably contrived BY THE KOOKS FOR THE KOOKS!!! I do know one thing, Bruce dabbled on the DARK SIDE for awhile and that experience was enough for him to return to TEAM OMC and never look back!!!!! This fact speaks VOLUMES more than any silly Merc motor Poll you invented to high five your cronies with..... :P
one more thing.... please remember, the word "PRETTY" and "MERC" are NEVER allowed to be used together in the same sentence.... its an oxymoron! ;) HA!
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52652

Oh man, Nut - your gonna get me in trouble here..........

While I appreciate the compliment, there's no way I'd ever compare my knowledge base or level of expertise with that of the Doc. Not even. I'd actually like to learn a thing or two from him -

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52822

HEY NUT!!!!!

I can use this forum again!!!

My mom told me that "polishing my Johnson" would make me go blind!!!

Oh well, if that happens to ya, you won't be able to see all our beautiful Mercs, but you can be wheeled down to the lake and you can listen to the mighty Mercs as they go by ya!!!! :ohmy:

Jim Savage

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #52823

HEY NUT!!!!!

I can use this forum again!!!

My mom told me that "polishing my Johnson" would make me go blind!!!

Oh well, if that happens to ya, you won't be able to see all our beautiful Mercs, but you can be wheeled down to the lake and you can listen to the mighty Mercs as they go by ya!!!! :ohmy:
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 9 months ago #53217

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bruce Gerard wrote:

Oh man, Nut - your gonna get me in trouble here..........

While I appreciate the compliment, there's no way I'd ever compare my knowledge base or level of expertise with that of the Doc. Not even. I'd actually like to learn a thing or two from him -

awwww, come on now Bruce, we all know your'e just being modest.....
;) And when you get all caught up on YOUR "glassic to do" list, let me know and I will drag up my tired old "ebay special" V4 for you to work your magic on.....hehehe...... :woohoo:
NUT

Re:Can anyone tell me....... 12 years 8 months ago #54074

• G3Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'll be back Nut!!!(after the 28th(SAT!!))
back to studying!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6277 guests and one member online