• Page:

TOPIC: I found a Mercury 650XS

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107851

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
boatmaniac wrote:

Must be a "Typo" . That is a silly price. You can contact him as the price may be 2 grand! If we write in Euro`s it is € 2.000,00 If we type this same in $ with the . and , in same place you will have your 20K offer.

No as no typo. Many asked to clarify price. Most said 2-4K tops, but he thinks its made of gold guess. Him

"Everyone says the 650x is very rare to find, scarcity making price! I am asking $20 000 for the engine in the world shipping included or make me an offer"

(In France, and no one posted after that post him..)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107864

• boatmaniac
  • boatmaniac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yesterday I registered at S+F and did see the posting. The man in France seems to be a true collector. Offered it at a rediculous price to keep it in his collection forever.

But he also stated that he is open for offers, so give it a try!
Taco.

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107894

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I have no use for it as I wanna see motors, I just "stop at the Doc's". He has a "few"! One..
Attachments:

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107899

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Taco,
If you are looking for a Contender I have a SwitzerCraft Shooting Star 1969, very similar boats, semi air entrapment but Switzer did it first. I run a 1500 XS with a super speed master but, also have the low water shifting gear case too. Original green metal flake gel that's an 8.5 out of 10, original interior that's a 9.5 out of 10 original instruments that work including speedo to 80. Steering is all rideguide and have parts to do correct super ride guide ( double cable) if desired. I rebuilt all the wood framing by gutting and then used only the best materials, West epoxies and Okume Marine plywood. Boat really is near mint but, kept as much original as possible, it was to nice of a survivor. It's on the original trailer that could use paint but it's 100%. Best has been 83 mph gps. SS lower was rebuilt by Steckbauer and he's the best, worked at Merc racing back in the 70's 80's as the team mechanic, so he knows a lot. All my engine machining done by Ruck machine also, a factory race Merc guy from the 70's. The SS lower takes a standard impeller and the waterpump gaskets are available from Merc. So it's easy to run them. I have a few props too, but one in particular runs the best.
I have several j blocks all machined ready to go and an NOS one ported to j specs. Enough excellent parts for two complete correct motors ,I have a minimum of two of everything XS with some XS parts still left over. A few standard inline parts would be needed to complete a second motor but not the hard to find parts.I pick up XS parts where possible to keep everything going in case of disaster.
I moved and can't really use the boat. It has been in indoor storage for 5 years.
I really would want all this to go to someone who would use it and be smart enough to take care of it.
Everything is there for years of enjoyment, it is a fast boat and a great example of how they went fast years ago.
Most of vintage fast boats etc. got destroyed or abused or discarded so it's unique in being so good of an original.
Not looking to get rich it's crazy for me to keep this despite all the effort and time. At a minimum 2 motors are worth something but the boat is pretty special too, maybe the guys have an idea what is reasonable based on today's pricing. Not sure how shipping would be. I would like to keep it all together for the next owner.
My pics are too big to post but there are a few on S&F under Randy's boats
Randy

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107916

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That damn cool Randy! My 10 year older bro (me still a kid and drove it at 9) had a 20H on a Baby Switzer"! Later in life I bought a used 2 years friend mine 74 SS17 Swit with the new "XS 1500" assend. Built by Bobby Switzer back just down river from use Illinois. I've met Bobby and Carol MANY times, and he's STILL a boat freak! As brother Dave. On the "Shooting Star?

Hmmmmm.."priceless"..

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107919

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hey Taco? Where are you at in Germany? I was there after a 69/70 in Nam. In "Hanua" (SP). Outside Frankfort think. But remember when in Feb when we trucked to "month long war games" in what we called "Graff", which was (SP again)..Graffenver? Close Czechoslovakian border. But before I go on, grandpa came from there Little village called "Belinice (sp again, I should drag out the atlas the world me)

Then is my brother has traced down family history, and him and the wife. Has bucks, and did a Europe flight to "find the birth place "us"

DAMN, as when I was there in 71 "Graff" and bet 30 miles away was "where I can from! Kinda funny too there in Graff.."war games? Dig a fox hole? Told myself "have any these idiots EVER been to Nam?

But one more to toss at ya. Remember when first got there, and every 300 yards the "Strauss", was what we called "Toto Lotto" stands selling beer? Plus those "Flippy" beer caps in not a mug? Is Prostitution still legal, as the "Autobahn" "if ya aint doing 200mph. MOVE OVER! (PS..GREAT driving skills there, not like here!)

BUT? The most thing I miss from there? Bottle Keller Guister wine, AND A DAMN Schtiteal (agian SP)..SANDWICH! Be well "oversees" friend! Its a small world me..(if ya get around, and still wonder just why I wanted "home US" from there'?. Great times, and GREAT people! Plus never had any "language barrier" any there as they spoke German, me English? Zero prob as eye contact/facial expressions say more in life. On S+F? nice "racing history" subject there. And some damn Merc wizards. Me? same screen name there..Be well. Robby.

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107921

• boatmaniac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Randy,

That`s funny, while looking for a nice challenger on the internet I came across the purple/black Switzer craft shooting star/ merc 1500xs that has sold some time ago. Very cool looking boat!!! I may have read something about your boat at S+F but will have another look. Please feel free to sent pics of what you offer to:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Taco.

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107922

• boatmaniac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Robbie,

First of all I do not live in Germany but in the Netherlands.I spent most of my holidays in Berlin, Germany while it is only about 430mls from Amsterdam.

Great story you told here but I do not recognice much of that. Of course I am familiar with the German beer and schnitzels { the large meet } Very friendly people indead.

As there is no great boating scene in the Netherlands I spend most of my time in Germany with my German friends.

Taco

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107923

• boatmaniac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Wow, that`s a great motor!! I have contacted Dr Thom yesterday for a nice motor. It seems the right place to be.

Taco

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 6 months ago #107968

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boatmaniac wrote:

Hi Robbie,

First of all I do not live in Germany but in the Netherlands.I spent most of my holidays in Berlin, Germany while it is only about 430mls from Amsterdam.

Great story you told here but I do not recognice much of that. Of course I am familiar with the German beer and schnitzels { the large meet } Very friendly people indead.

As there is no great boating scene in the Netherlands I spend most of my time in Germany with my German friends.

Taco

OK, had to look the globe here in the house. I see where you are now. Friend mine was there and had a great time Netherlands!
Wish the best!

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 5 months ago #108558

• boatmaniac
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Randy,

I have sent a P M more than a week ago about your shooting star. Did you get it?

Taco.

Re:I found a Mercury 650XS 9 years 5 months ago #108594

Randy,
Please send me a PM.
Thom

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online