Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98017

Nadeem,

WELCOME ABOARD. - NICE rig too.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98018

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Here's my 1959 El Camino I hope to tow her with, it took me two years to build this car, it had a lot of rust that had to be cut out and replaced with new steel, I chopped it an 1 1/2" too.
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98019

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not sure I know what I'm doing
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98020

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98027

Welcome aboard and great boat!!!!!!!!!! I think it will look great behind the El Camino!!!

Bob

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98034

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi I had my blue one at tavaress a few years ago it has an original 57k mile impala that has been with the boat for years,you will enjoy it He has another motor for sale with that boat a couple years ago, that will push it fine good luck Bill
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98036

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
great looking combo you have there. and welcome. greg

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98043

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
bilnan1 wrote:

Hi I had my blue one at tavaress a few years ago it has an original 57k mile impala that has been with the boat for years,you will enjoy it He has another motor for sale with that boat a couple years ago, that will push it fine good luck Bill

I had called you many years ago about buying a Reinell but you didn't have one for sale. I hope to find some badges for the hull and other original parts. I'd like to move the tach onto the dash and use vintage gauges.

How many of these boats exist?

Here's the 1960 Chevy wagon that I'm building for my wife.
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98054

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nadeem, you have great taste in both cars & boats. Congratulations on buying the Reinell.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98056

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Shelby18 wrote:

Nadeem, you have great taste in both cars & boats. Congratulations on buying the Reinell.

Thank you, I showed it to my wife first, I think this is the happiest she's ever been about anything I have bought. I hope I have good luck with it, boats are new to me, I'll be asking you guys a lot of questions.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98057

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Check with larry McKay vintage boat works Bakersfield,calif he has the emblems repopped and nice,There are more of these boats keep popping up,when I got my 1st one we knew of 4-5 but now,I lost tract,at least 20 plus and counting,, but they are neat Good luck Bill
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98058

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Bill, do you have a contact number, I googled and found no onfo, thank you. How many Jet Flights do you have?

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98063

• Larry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Nadeem,

Congrats on your Jet Flite acquisition.

We reproduce vintage boat emblems in sand cast brass. They will need to be chrome plated.
I have the REINELL hull emblems & the small dash emblem in stock.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I love the Jet Flight. There are 4 in California at present. Mine is a REAL PROJECT and is one of many on a large to-do list.

Larry
Vintage Boatworks
Bakersfield, California

Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98064

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
To Answer your question not enough,, haha I have one that is in primer completely done transom floor ect but I am unsure of a color so it can wait,I only have 2 that are done the others need, but I don't sell,, Good luckLarry will take care of the emblem needs for you they are nice, Bill
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98065

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Larry wrote:

Nadeem,

Congrats on your Jet Flite acquisition.

We reproduce vintage boat emblems in sand cast brass. They will need to be chrome plated.
I have the REINELL hull emblems & the small dash emblem in stock.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I love the Jet Flight. There are 4 in California at present. Mine is a REAL PROJECT and is one of many on a large to-do list.

Larry
Vintage Boatworks
Bakersfield, California

Thank you Larry, I'm sending you an email now.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 10 years 2 months ago #98083

• Huck
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Your boat is beautiful....as well the car. I'm sure your family will get tired of people wanting to stop you and ask about them.... and then tell their own stories. Happy boating!

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102637

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The first trip on the Reinell did not goo well, she sputtered after running great for 10 mins.

This Sunday however my kids and I had a wonderful time.I had the tank cleaned and one hole welded, it was full of tiny rocks, I don't know how they got there. All the fuel lines were changed, new water filter installed.

I had a full fuel injector service done by Sonny's Marine on the 60HP 2006 Yamaha outboard. She ran like a top, the water was choppy so we couldn't go wide open. This is a great lil boat.

I bought paint to match to paint the engine cover to match the boat. It won't make up for having a vintage engine but for now I can't spend anymore money. I'm having mt friend make me a pair of Jet Flight badges to put on the engine,
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102638

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
First trip didn't go well.
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102644

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out Nadeem, you've got a beauty there! I know lots of folks prefer having a "period correct" motor on their Glassic, but there are also advantages to having updated power on board. Painting it to match the boat will certainly help tone it down a little, and you'll have a rig that should be very dependable! ENJOY ;)

Mark

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102657

Congrats, she looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102662

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Cool looking boat, and I like the idea you have with the motor.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102680

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you everyone. I think I'm going to paint the 'tailight' inserts candy red like Bill's. It just sets it off.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 10 months ago #102685

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Nadeem wrote:

Thank you everyone. I think I'm going to paint the 'tailight' inserts candy red like Bill's. It just sets it off.

Welcome to the Reinell Jet Flight Owners Club Nadeem. You will like this glassic not only for it's cool design but they ride really well too. My freinds say the same thing about the backend and I agree. Maybe next year. Have fun with yours.

Eduardo
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107552

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I haven't got a vintage engine for it yet so I painted the cowl of the Yamaha to match the rest of the boat and not look as modern. I also painted the fake taillight sections in silver and candy apple red. I'm taking her to Tavares tomorrow for the Sunnyland boat festival.
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107553

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
here

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107554

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
C'mon load

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107556

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I hope this works
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107563

• NJTriton
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
looks good Nadeem! I think you have way more talent than youre leading on.

-Brian

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107583

Excellent, it looks great!

Bob

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107591

Correct me if I'm wrong but everyone have one of this boat always show pic of the transom cause it look like a rear end of a car right?but when there is a pic of the bow does it really look like a glasspar g3 bow?maybe it just 1 pick of the bow I saw and haven't seen the rest yet.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107611

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a great time taking her out to the Sunnyland Boat Festival this weekend with my family. I met Bill from Billscars, learned a great deal from him. Thoroughly enjoying my first foray into boats. Y'all are great.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107612

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
commando wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but everyone have one of this boat always show pic of the transom cause it look like a rear end of a car right?but when there is a pic of the bow does it really look like a glasspar g3 bow?maybe it just 1 pick of the bow I saw and haven't seen the rest yet.

I don't know enough about boats to give you an answer.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107620

Congratulations on the boat Nadeem - We are glad it want to a good home. Have fun showing the boat - you will stop traffic at car shows with your combo.

Also -

For those asking about the Jetflite and the G3 similarities,
I took some pictures of my Reinell hull next to a friend's G3 last Summer to compare them.

Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107841

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I restored a Nautalloy Artek steering wheel to match the paint, I painted the indents red. I think it looks better than before.
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107842

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Please load
Attachments:

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107845

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I totally agree,,Bill

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107847

• NJTriton
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That's infinitely better! I like the red indents a lot, sets it off

-Brian

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107883

• MarkS
Nice touch!

Mark

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #107933

• Nadeem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you all, ironically the red and blue are the colors of the Burnley Football Club in England, the Clarets, I grew up in that little Northern town.

Re:Hi, I'm Nadeem, I just bought a Reinell Jet Flight 9 years 6 months ago #108099

Hey Nads!

Glad to see you made it over here!

As you can see in my profile pic, my classic isn't quite as cool as yours. And your's floats. Hopefully mine will too later this spring.

Love the Jet Flite!

Take care!

Jason (Kuczynski)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online