Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight...

Re:Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight... 10 years 8 months ago #89093

Thanks Eduardo, yeah it was a lot of work but I'm happy with the results. The $20 Harbor freight 10" buffer didn't hurt when it came to rubbing and polishing compound time either. ;)

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight... 10 years 8 months ago #89221

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Beauty! Thanks for sharing you project. It turned out beautiful. When I first saw the pix I was going to ask how you painted it... the restoration of the gel coat looks amazing. Great job.

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Re:Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight... 10 years 8 months ago #89282

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Waterwings wrote:

Thanks Eduardo, yeah it was a lot of work but I'm happy with the results. The $20 Harbor freight 10" buffer didn't hurt when it came to rubbing and polishing compound time either. ;)

Bob

Bob, you’re right about that. I burned up one already in the fall of 2012 after 4 years of owning one; HF sends me coupons in the mail all the time, so I went back and got me another one. These are super deals.

Eduardo

Re:Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight... 10 years 8 months ago #89283

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
shacomm wrote:

Beauty! Thanks for sharing you project. It turned out beautiful. When I first saw the pix I was going to ask how you painted it... the restoration of the gel coat looks amazing. Great job.

Thank you sir. I’ve learned a lot by restoring this gelcoat, since this is the worst finish gelcoat that I had to redo. It takes a lot of patience. There are not many of these rare birds around and pictures for that matter; I’m just happy to share these with the glassic community. We just wish any documents on this Reinell model would show up one day telling us a little bit more about these cool old boats.

How’s that sweet Dorsett coming along?

Eduardo

Re:Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight... 10 years 7 months ago #89893

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for asking... we are getting ready for more summer cruising!

If you still looking for step-n-trim tabs I'd love to barter for a windshield gathering dust in your collection. :)
Attachments:

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Re:Our '60 Reinell Jet Flight... 10 years 7 months ago #90243

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
shacomm wrote:

Thanks for asking... we are getting ready for more summer cruising!

If you still looking for step-n-trim tabs I'd love to barter for a windshield gathering dust in your collection. :)

Hey Stephen. Your Dorsett is looking tight. I love the mono color on your Belmont. Sweet old boat. The previous owner of your boat lived in my neighborhood. Being a current Dorsett owner, '60 Catalina, and had a '58 El Dorado for years, I really enjoy seeing these vintage Dorsett boats on the water.

Yeah, send me a private message through this board. I'm sure we can work something out. Talk to you soon.

Eduardo

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online