"Cat-A-Tropic", "Florida 18DC"
"Nice Kitty", "Ray Leger's 16c National record holder"
"Cat-a-tonic", "not sure but it really goes when you step on its tail"
"Cat'illac", "Chris Eldridge's 16t"
"Catastrophic", "Danny Nichols 16t"
"Bad Kitty", "Tim Heagerty's 17h"
"Cat-a-pult", "It will launch you !!"
"Cat Nip", "Give your Cat a rush!!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 12 years 1 month ago #68580

powercat,

fwiw, a doctor in Daingerfield, TX has a classic/restored cat named: CAT'S PAJAMAS.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 12 years 1 month ago #68581

powercat,

fwiw, a doctor in Daingerfield, TX has a classic/restored cat named: CAT'S PAJAMAS.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 12 years 1 month ago #68601

Boat # 1 1941 Thompson Brothers 8 ft utility,canvas over cedar is named "Morning Wood"
Boat # 2 1962 Crestliner Voyager 14 aluminum named "Lip Ripper" ( my fishing boat)
Boat #3 1988 Glastron CX-19 cuddy maned "Puddle Jumper"
This is a great thread,love all the interesting names,thought I'd add mine...thanks...RR

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 12 years 1 month ago #68629

I'm building a 1958 Sweptside pickup that will be called "Swept Away" because of the cost. The 1958 RedFish to match will be called "Swept Along" because it follows behind. The 1958 teenee trailer will be called "Swept Under". They may even get finish some day :) . Larry in Idaho
Attachments:

Larry Chase in Idaho

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 12 years 1 month ago #68634

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Larry, those are beautiful renditions. Gotta love those late 50's Mopar pickups, they are collectors in their own rite. Would like to see the finished product. Using a broom as a symbal are ya??
Attachments:

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 11 months ago #70517

My 73 Sea nymph. She's had a rough life but I love her.

Attachments:

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 11 months ago #70527

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
My X scow came to me as the "Gypsy Queen" I was less than impressed with the name. I said to my friend "I'm going to call it the "Stellar Paralla"X" (an astronomy term) He warned me that I should not change the name of the boat, it was bad luck. (as posted above)
I did not know of the elaborate method of erasing the old name so I came up with my own method. I wrote very small, in 1/8" tall letters inside one of the lifting handles on the transom the boat name "Gypsy Queen" then in very large letter across the transom, the Gypsy Queen has the words Stellar Parallax lettered across the entire transom in large 4" letters. Let it be known the boat is not named Stellar Parallax, those more visible words just happen to be on the transom of the Gypsy Queen. :laugh:

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 11 months ago #70535

I got a name for my black Dorsett already. She will be call (So Rare Wife Don,t Care)and my U-2 is call Flying Low and my Maxum don,t have a name yet but it is a good boat to go fishing in that why i keep her and my 40' Grand Bank is call Amnesia because most of the time i forgot to take my family with me when i take my boat out i guess that is why my wife don,t really care anymore what i got...
Attachments:

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 11 months ago #70558

So Rare, great name for your Dorsett, but now I can't get that song outta my mind...And it was done by Jimmy Dorsey...coincidence?

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 8 months ago #73744

My Glen L stretched from 16' to 24' and powered by a blown hemi was named "Wide Load" because I had to put wide load signs on it when I towed it. It was over 8' wide. Catalina 22 was named "Miss Guided". The Freedom 29 was named "Knot Miss Guided" because we had become born-again Christians by then. First ocean going sailboat was named Tesoro. Can't remember the names of my other boats because I'm getting old and senile. The Seafair has transitioned from "Peaches and Cream" (decided on different paint colors) to "Rave On" (I just never bought into that one), to "Blest". I'll probably stick with that one. Still haven't decided on where to place the name though...
Attachments:

Blest boater

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 8 months ago #73750

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
This is a fun thread, here are some of mine. I don't put the names on but, they all are refered to by name.

Barbie is my 63 G3 cause if Barbie had a boat surely this would be it.

Ken is the 64 Super G cause that's what her boy friend would have.

Frumpy is my 64 mfg cause as a kid I thought they were ugly boats only owned by old men who didin't want to go fast, and yelled at us that did but, now have grown quite fond of them! The boats not the old men.

The Bomb is my 65 Sanger wood decker w/ 427 Ford sideoiler, a Cali girl walking the docks at a show in NH stopped in her tracks when she saw it and said wow, that boat is THE BOMB...so I named it that...never did get HER name though:-)

The Hydro "scream" is the 74 Hydrostream, does near 70 and is not a big boat so passengers frequently express their concern this way.

The Frog is a 69 Switzer cause it's green and has two bumps on the deck like frog eyes and when it catches air it jumps from 60 to over 80.

Suits me, is an 84 Century Resorter to replace the what turned out to be junk 70 Coronado I had to sue someone over to get my $$ back.

Sir Osis of the River is my 23 Chris Craft Lancer cause I usually am taking friends for cocktails in it....(I live on a river) Also sometimes name is Sir Lancer Lot.... cause it's used a lot.

Local Girl is a 58 Hiliner that was build just a few miles from where I live.....it is also refferd to as the MaJaKaPaRa II, Our family had one of these when we were kids and they named it using the first two letters of all the kids names.

Re:naming a boat, and interesting boat names 11 years 8 months ago #73751

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
My 12 foot rowboat was named after the breed of my cat "Tortoise Shell", but the name has a double meaning: . (shell is a very fast row boat, but a tortoise(turtle) is slow.

My bright yellow Sea Ray is name "little Miss Sunshine"

About 20 years ago I had a 17 foot sailboat (a Thistle class) I named Bright Encounter after poem by Robert Service that reminded of my daughter when she was a little girl. Unfortunately I don't have a pic. Here's a link to the poem www.robertwservice.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=574

When I was still employed in boating safety I had a folder (no, not full of women) full of unusual boat names I had encountered over the years, but some how it went astray when I retired. The only one I remember is "My Orgasm", a boat owners feelings about his ex wife who didn't like the boat.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024