Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FiberGlassics® is for sale.

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28672

I've noticed some good remarks. Can't help but mention they echo what I said in my earlier post.

"Why not dues?"

"Well, you shouldn't sing the blues unless you've paid your dues."

People still expect everything on the web to be free. Dues will save fiberglassics but not fiberglassics.com As I said 8 years ago. There needs to be a real world organization to justify this website.
Call a convention. Follow established club parliamentary rules or forget the whole thing. $10 X 1000 = $10,000 Enough to buy it and pay organiztion fees. Setup a private board for members to comment and vote about the formation of the Organization. Trim the current site to a minimum of functionality with a statement about the evolving host organiztion and an invitation to join for $10. An account will need to be opened in the name of Fiberglassics by a lawyer/trustee until the new virtual board of directors and treasurer are elected. It's called a Club you guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28690

your never going to get 1,000 paying members soon enough. i say $25 per year dues. that cuts it to 400 members and you will struggle to get that. the main question should be how long will kelly keep it alive while we are trying to reach that goal. of course one person buying the whole thing will be the fastest and easiest transition. ron

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28696

• Webmaster
  • Webmaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • FiberGlassics Founder
  • FiberGlassics Founder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'll keep it alive until I find a suitable replacement. I won't let it die... so please stop the assumptions ok?

Due to the recent "falling through" of the original sale, I had to fork out even more money to transfer the TM back to me. Yes, it's still in my name and will show on the PTO database shortly.

Next is the renewal of the Service Mark... and that's a whole different story.

I'm going to let this thread fall down the forum now so we can get on to our regularly scheduled website... now in progress.

That's a lot of views! Impressive.

Onward.

Kelly

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28697

GOOD NEWS.

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28716

as much as I hated writing the analogy of the drowning fish, or even the thought of selling it for it could be parted out, the reality of what does happen is just that.

live in Rochester and see what use to be Kodak and you would have a -real reminder-

So let get it on, set the course..and back to the fun.

if there any -help wanted signs- hanging around, let me know where to apply.

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28720

im also here to help kelly or whoever buys fg in anyway i can,just let me know ,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:FiberGlassics® is for sale. 13 years 6 months ago #28722

Well you can always count on FG for ideas and opinions. And I must say, we're playing nice. Ideas and opinions are just that, ideas and opinions, and we're all entitled to them. The passion is clearly here, my Lord, look at the hits! But that said, I don't think any of us has a clue what it takes to keep this place running, either money or manpower. I think the best thing is to let Kelly handle this all by himself. As he has said, it's his baby and he won't let it die. Nor do I think he'll sell it to an entity he's not comfortable with. Selling just about anything in this economy is tough, and it will take some time. In the meantime, those contributions help defray the cost of doing business. And thanks Kelly for all you do.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6340 guests and one member online