• Page:

TOPIC: CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24694

• stashm2
  • stashm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Would Some one post a picture of the cleat next to the windsheild on a Funliner 17? I cant make out what it looks like from any of the pics I find on the web... thanks
Jesse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24696

Did you buy that Funliner Jesse?

Frank

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24714

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hi Frank,
Yes, I baught it, Not sure how it will turn out having it was covered in snow and missing most of the hardware... It is still up in the woods where its been since 1999 or so. But they did have paperwork for it and the home made trailer it was on. I will post more pictures when I go to bring it home. Wont be untill things melt and dry out a bit. The dash is in rough shape ( lots of speaker and radio Holes" But overall it seems to be in decent shape. Hope all is well down in your neck of the woods. Lots of snow and ice up here in Berne. Cant wait for spring!
Jesse

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24770

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Here's one stashm2.
And the other ones too.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24771

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thank you for the Pics!

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24784

good news!!!

We are about to have a warm up!!!

serious, weather guys are calling for 40+ later in to next week!

40+ for days, the weather guy even said...you know all that snow we got...well it will be gone SOON.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24792

stashm2 wrote:

Hi Frank,
Yes, I baught it, Not sure how it will turn out having it was covered in snow and missing most of the hardware... It is still up in the woods where its been since 1999 or so. But they did have paperwork for it and the home made trailer it was on. I will post more pictures when I go to bring it home. Wont be untill things melt and dry out a bit. The dash is in rough shape ( lots of speaker and radio Holes" But overall it seems to be in decent shape. Hope all is well down in your neck of the woods. Lots of snow and ice up here in Berne. Cant wait for spring!
Jesse

Jesse, are you thinking of joining us for our NE meet over on Keuka Lake in July? It's gonna be a gas, and a bunch of FG'ers will be there.

Frank

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24795

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I am thinking about it, If not there on the hudson some weekend wouldnt be bad. I dont have anything thats really nice to show off all are 20/20 Jobs lol look great at 20 feet or 20mph! I will try to keep room in the schedule to go out to keuka Lake though!

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24796

Part of the reason I enjoy these ACBS meets over there so much is the Wine Country Classics chapter love & acceptance of classic glass. Not all ACBS chapters are like that. I know there will be a bunch of FG'ers there not only from NY, but all around the NE. It promises to be a hoot!

My Power Cat is no show boat Jesse. That 20/20 thing certainly applies to it!

Frank

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24797

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
If my Wagemaker were worse I would have taken it apart and repainted ect. but the floor and transom was usable so.. I just polished it up and made new seats and cushions. I will do more to it when I get time and money for a better upholstery job.. but wasnt bad for my first try.. Needed better batting to make the pleating stand up they are kinda flat at the moment... I hope this Funliner comes along nicely! I will keep you all updated as I get to it. Thanks

Oh will be on a cruise next week so I will not post for a week.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24805

stash,i sure would like like to meet you,you should go to the wine country show,they even put franks,daves,rons boats and our sunray in their newsletter,terry holland and his wife are very nice folks,i cant wait to see them again.
im hoping to get the devil ray soon and try to finish it for the show,but thats a big order,lol
if not we will at least bring the sunray,heck my first show i didnt even take a boat,i had a 64 seaking cabin cruiser at the time ,but i didnt want to haul it far.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24810

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I will try to come out, Probably will bring my Wagemaker no show item but I dont think I will have the funliner going yet..

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24815

That would be great Jesse, plus you live, what, 10 or 15 miles from me? We should get together sometime!

Frank

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24816

lookin forward to meeting you jesse. ron

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #24884

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok this is wrong... I get so San Juan Puerto rico.. and the first thing I do is check the posts on FG..... Have a good one every one!!

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #25061

Oh I can feel it coming, mostly around my boots...
Attachments:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26227

I do own a 1961 17 Funliner with no hard top. I love my aristo craft! I wish like all other boat with all shine, look as new. my boat look so used all the years and still in good shape. Only I change my boat is new upholster and the motor, its 1978 85hp. The trailer is oringal, Sterling.

Sorry I post many pictures. I just want to share with you of my boat.

Here a few pictures of my boat:

the seats are oringal.

new upholster, my wife did those.

My favorite picture:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26230

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
No need to apologize Charos, just shows that you're proud of your Glassic! I think the old Funliner's are cool even without the hardtop. Yours appears to be in pretty good original condition, you may want to try bringing the finish back a little bit as described in this article;
www.fiberglassics.com/restoration/restoring-gel-coat
One word of caution: It appears you have a spare battery back by the gas tank that isn't tied down. There are a couple of different disasters possible there; 1)spilled battery acid will wreak havoc on the floor if it tips over, 2)if it moves and the terminals touch something it can create sparks, that's not good especially near a gas tank! Just want you to be safe, Happy Boating.

Mark

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26234

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thank you for posting pictures!! the more the better! Lets me see how they should look! I am hoping it turns out to be a good boat!
Thanks

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26235

How was the cruise Jesse?

Frank

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26241

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Awsome and Warm ... and Lacking in the snow.. Hows the snow in Revina? it was heavy in clarksville this AM. Its amazing the scale of those cruise ships, I was on the Adventure of the Seas by Royal Carribean, sailed from Purto Rico, to Caraca, to Aruba, to Dominica, and St. Thomas ending back in Purto Rico great weather the whole time, Did some snorkling and just genneraly hanging out and enjoying nothing better to do. I will post some pictures when I have a chance.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26244

We had quite a bit of snow this a.m. in Coeymans Hollow, maybe 3" before I headed for work around 7. I've about had it with snow!

Glad to hear you had a good time. Now it's back to work!

Frank

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26262

MarkS wrote:

No need to apologize Charos, just shows that you're proud of your Glassic! I think the old Funliner's are cool even without the hardtop. Yours appears to be in pretty good original condition, you may want to try bringing the finish back a little bit as described in this article;
www.fiberglassics.com/restoration/restoring-gel-coat
One word of caution: It appears you have a spare battery back by the gas tank that isn't tied down. There are a couple of different disasters possible there; 1)spilled battery acid will wreak havoc on the floor if it tips over, 2)if it moves and the terminals touch something it can create sparks, that's not good especially near a gas tank! Just want you to be safe, Happy Boating.

Oh yeah Im very pround of my Glassic! I will check it out the link. I hoping I able to do those this summer. I want to get my gel coat look better than as current. I only need to repair the MPH gauage works again, I want to add RPM, but I couldnt find more classic type and match to my gauage MPH. Maybe one of you guys can give me a some advice about that.

About the battery. Yeah I was aware of it, I just put there for using trolling motor for fishing. I wasnt have the box cover that time. I couldnt afford the cover for battery. NOW I have battery cover. I rarely use trolling motor on my glassic boat. I have other boat for fishing only. Anyways, Thanks for tips about battery. :)

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26266

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
charos10 wrote:

I do own a 1961 17 Funliner with no hard top. I love my aristo craft! I wish like all other boat with all shine, look as new. my boat look so used all the years and still in good shape. Only I change my boat is new upholster and the motor, its 1978 85hp. The trailer is oringal, Sterling.

Sorry I post many pictures. I just want to share with you of my boat.

Here a few pictures of my boat:

the seats are oringal.

new upholster, my wife did those.

My favorite picture:

Great old aristo, Charos! bet that 85 rude pushes it good.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26279

stashm2 wrote:

Thank you for posting pictures!! the more the better! Lets me see how they should look! I am hoping it turns out to be a good boat!
Thanks

Your Welcome! I didnt have any pictures of differents like bow lights, cleat, etc. I should have taking pic of each those. Because Its could help out with other members. When I pull out my boat from my mom's house for winter storage. I will take pictures of those kind. I always look foward to uncover my boat at each being of season! Also I always look foward to have good summer with aristo craft!

I do remember when I pick up my boat, its was full cover leaves, very flithy! with oringal motor on it. I will post up the picture of day I picked up.

Jim L:
Oh yeah 85 rude push aristo craft very well! Its went to 40 mph on flat water. Mostly push up to 35 mph with tubing or water skier. Its still pretty fast enought! I wish I could put 100hp instead of 85. Oh well. But Im still happy with it! I got it very good deal the price for motor, I cant win!

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 7 months ago #26280

stashm2 wrote:

Thanks

Your Welcome! I didnt have any pictures of differents like bow lights, cleat, etc. I should have taking pic of each those. Because Its could help out with other members. When I pull out my boat from my mom's house for winter storage. I will take pictures of those kind. I always look foward to uncover my boat at each being of season! Also I always look foward to have good summer with aristo craft!

I do remember when I pick up my boat, its was full cover leaves, very flithy! with oringal motor on it. I will post up the picture of day I picked up.

Jim L:
Oh yeah 85 rude push aristo craft very well! Its went to 40 mph on flat water. Mostly push up to 35 mph with tubing or water skier. Its still pretty fast enought! I wish I could put 100hp instead of 85. Oh well. But Im still happy with it! I got it very good deal the price for motor, I cant win!

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 6 months ago #27413

I found a picture of oringal motor on my boat. I will like to post a picture and share with you guys.

I wish able to keep that motor on my boat, that motor is blew up the head block motor, its need to be rebuild, so I sold to my friend because he got same exact motor, so he use that motor as parts.

I just couldnt afford to rebuild the motor. So I bought 78' 85hp Evinrude, Im happy with that motor.
Here a picture:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 6 months ago #28328

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
So I decided to bring my Wagemaker home to work on this friday, There was only a few inches of snow out to the barn where I stored it no match for the Jeep. and I decided to try to go get the Aristo Craft today. Well there is still a good foot of snow in the woods back to where its sat for acording to the old owner 19 years. But I did get the tires pumped up and trailer toung jacked up so the water in it will drain out when it gets above 25 degrees... but it was not a wasted trip. Overall seems to be in decent shape though the transom is delaminated where it has been cut down and water has gotten in the wood core where the engine goes is completely gone so it will take some work to bring this back and build it up to 20" its been cut down to 15".
Attachments:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 6 months ago #28732

Im look foward to see more pictures of your boat.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out about U.S. Coast Guard Maximum Capacities. I did contact to Aristo Craft thought email, They saying cant get one for my boat. So Im try to ask around see if anyone know can get one for my boat.

Im curious if I can get that US Coast Guard maximum capacities for my aristo craft boat?

Here a picture, that what Im talk about.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 5 months ago #29389

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Got the Aristocraft Home today... its rough but I will get it going!
The Floor is in rough shape where the original seats were, and the transom had been cut down, so the wood core is totally rotted, More on that when I finish sprucing up the Wagemaker.
Attachments:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 5 months ago #29662

look good so far.. Im curious what your plan the size motor?

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 5 months ago #29696

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I actually got the boat for my Merc 1250... Just to try it out I have heard of 110's on them so... should be ok I think.. Gulp I am a long way off from getting it in the water, needs a new transome insert and seets and better steering ect... it will clean up ok. More pics to follow... Oh and does any one have a good picture or know the model of the Anchor Light that mounts on the top?
Thanks
Jesse

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 1 month ago #41778

I was wondering, you still working on your boat? I will love to see the project progress. Hoping you will post some pictures. I really enjoy to see other Aristo Craft being alive again! Because I dont see other Aristo Craft in person.

I had been using my boat thought the summer, only 3 time. I will take my boat out again this weekend. Its possbile will be last time to take out boat for the season. Due to our first child will be born in OCT. so I will need to get prepare everything before baby birth.

I add 2 picture of my boat that was taken during summer time.

Sunset picture:

Myself and my classic boat:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 1 month ago #41849

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Unfortunately I have not gotten a chance to work more on the old girls ( I have a second one for parts) Well the black one will be parts I guess for the second one. I have all the parts just too many other projects going to work on that one yet so it will be winter or next spring before I get to her. I am looking forward to having a slightly more modern hull desighn then my Wage maker I was on the Hudson River with it yesterday but it was just too windy and wavy for the old girl. Dont want to Rattle her apart.... I will post pics as I progress on the project.
Jesse

Sorry they are the same pics I had posted else where on here nothing new yet.. I like the black roof on the white / Red Hull, It just needs seat Cussions, A new Transom, and an upgraded steering system for the 1250 Merc... No Prop ;-) I wish I had it done for camping coming up as my wagemaker is not very large...
Attachments:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 1 month ago #41860

COOL that you have 2 of aristo craft Funliner one as parts other one restore. Nice to have that.

I wish I have hardtop and I dont know what called the back boat splash near transom. I wish those stuff have on my boat. I guess each Aristo Craft Funliner have different few things.

Your seats are big different from mine, the speedometer on right side, mine are on left side. Does your boat have RPM?

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 1 month ago #41863

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I am not sure what those guages are actualy I dont remember one is Speed the other... dunno.

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 1 month ago #42142

Older post you was asked for more pictures of cleat side of boat, etc. so I finally have chance to take picture of those. Hope its will help you to get the idea of what oringal Aristo Craft Funliner have.

Here a picture:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 4 weeks ago #43391

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Well I had some time to work on one of the AristoCrafts this weekend, I decided to dive into the transom, And as far as diving goes I only got as far as buying wood and spliting the deck from the hull so I can get to the transom under the fins. I think I plan to cut out the inside layer of glass on the boat so I can get a good clean surface to bond new material to from the inside then try my best to have a nice clean finish when re attaching the inner pannel. here are a couple pictures, I took this apart inbetween working on my friends Corvett, We were repairing his heater core and its fiberglass box that was falling apart... Took alot of work.

Now I would like to do a decent job on this one, But the deck is all textured.. How would any of you out there deal with cleaning that up but maintaining the texture? I may just clean it good and call it a day just leave the original gelcoat and texture not really prety but will be functional.
Thanks
Attachments:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 4 weeks ago #43600

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Stashm, Is the texture cracked? If it's not cracked you can paint it. That's the only way to save the texture and refinish it. Without the texture you can go for a swim whether you want to or not. :laugh:

Re:CL albany NY Aristocraft Funliner 13 years 4 weeks ago #43630

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yes the texture is fine,I dont think I will paint it now just want it to be usable for now.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5775 guests and no members online