Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109100

Here is a map of the Falls Lake Area and location of the N.C. 50 State Park Ramp Location:

www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/fala/pics/parkmap.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109101

Photos of the state park ramp area and lake:

Attachments:

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109102

Attachments:

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109103

Photos of boats on Falls Lake:

Attachments:

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109109

Well I'll see what I can do. Also it's a 1960 Wagemaker Empire Clipper not a Thompson, sorry.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109113

Waterwings wrote:

Well I'll see what I can do. Also it's a 1960 Wagemaker Empire Clipper not a Thompson, sorry.

Bob

Bob:

I hope you can make it Sir!

Also,...sorry about the mistake on your boat. I thought it was a
Thompson. :(

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 5 months ago #109125

No biggie, from my avatar it does look like a Thompson. ;)

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 4 months ago #110130

I am bringing this "back to the top." :laugh:

Our event is a little more than one month away. I wanted to post a link to the N.C. State Park and Ramp where we will all meet for this event. Here is a link for those members that are not familiar with the area:

www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/fala/pics/hwy50.pdf

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 4 months ago #110131

Also,...here is another link with pictures and info from our 2nd
Annual Falls Lake Event:

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/regional-forums/fgse/2nd-annual-falls-lake-nc-event#109720

A fellow member had asked me to post that for him.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111225

Finally back from the wedding and cruise so I'm hoping I can still try and make it to this. Hopefully the admiral won't have to work that weekend. I still need to find a good travel cover for the bot before I come though. Not sure where the heck to look at this point since it would probably have to be custom and I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money. ;)

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111253

Waterwings wrote:

Finally back from the wedding and cruise so I'm hoping I can still try and make it to this. Hopefully the admiral won't have to work that weekend. I still need to find a good travel cover for the bot before I come though. Not sure where the heck to look at this point since it would probably have to be custom and I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money. ;)

Bob

Bob:

Thanks so much for your reply and update Sir! ;) We are hoping to see you at our event. So far we have four boats planning on attending.

Bob, I would check "Cabelas" or "Bass Pro Shops" for a cover. I was in a "Cabelas" about a week ago and they had quite a few covers for boats.

John P.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111265

Thanks John, I'll check.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111478

Well I hope there's going to be a good turnout.

John, looks I should be able to make it. I found a source for the cover. I hope to have a new bimini by then also but we'll see.

Quick question John, where's a good place to stay as I'll have to come down Friday evening.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111491

Waterwings wrote:

Well I hope there's going to be a good turnout.

John, looks I should be able to make it. I found a source for the cover. I hope to have a new bimini by then also but we'll see.

Quick question John, where's a good place to stay as I'll have to come down Friday evening.

Bob

Bob:

That is great news Sir! ;)

I will do some checking on hotels today and get a list up here for you.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111492

Bob:

Here is a link to some hotels and a map showing where everything is in respect to the lake:

www.bing.com/search?q=hotels+near+Falls+Lake%2C+NC&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&refig=13b3eec54f26458daf57364cd8f9a8e4&pq=hotels+near+falls+lake%2C+nc&sc=1-26&sp=-1&qs=n&sk=&cvid=13b3eec54f26458daf57364cd8f9a8e4

Bob,...we will be meeting and launching the boats at the N.C. State Park Ramp right off of N.C. Highway 50 which is called Creedmoor Rd.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111493

John,
Thanks that helps. I'll take a look.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111636

Sorry for all the posts. My browser kept giving me an error and it looked like the post was not made.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111638

I am planning to attend with my 1961 Glaspar Jetflite. I suffered a broken driveshaft at a meet about 10 days ago. I am working on getting it welded up by Friday, and plan to have her slapped together for this meet. In 2013 I brought my little yellow hydros but it was not easy to keep up with the group with those. I can at least sit down this year ! But I don't have any cover from the sun .. I guess that will be next year.
Attachments:

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111639

I am having a lot of trouble with this site. Keep getting errors when I try to post. I just found out that my posts were going through. Sorry for the duplicates. I tried to erase them but could not find that feature.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111647

It's ok I removed the one. Hoping to make it but if it's going to be too rainy I probably won't make it.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111653

kidcole wrote:

I am planning to attend with my 1961 Glaspar Jetflite. I suffered a broken driveshaft at a meet about 10 days ago. I am working on getting it welded up by Friday, and plan to have her slapped together for this meet. In 2013 I brought my little yellow hydros but it was not easy to keep up with the group with those. I can at least sit down this year ! But I don't have any cover from the sun .. I guess that will be next year.

Kidcole:

Thanks so much for your reply Sir! It is good to hear from you.
Man, that is one beautiful Glastron Jetflite! ;) I remember our first year when you brought your hydros. I think your Jetflite
will do much better.

Bob:

We will keep an eye on the weather around Raleigh. If there is a high chance of thunderstorms or lightning we may need to reschedule. But I will let you guys know before the end of
the week.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111655

It looks like the same forecast every day this week. Due to the high heat, they always predict storms. They usually don't hit until 3pm or so .. Unless there is a big system going through, we could probably have a good meet from 9am to 1pm .. Fingers crossed that the weather patterns are the usual ones for Raleigh ..

I also have my fingers crossed that I can convince a welder to take my job tomorrow. By phone I have been turned down 4 times in the row today. A good friend of mine is going with me to a welder tomorrow. He does a lot of business with the guy. I am hoping that works to get someone to take the job. I am welding the driveshaft. I'll be there Saturday if all goes to plan.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111674

kidcole wrote:

It looks like the same forecast every day this week. Due to the high heat, they always predict storms. They usually don't hit until 3pm or so .. Unless there is a big system going through, we could probably have a good meet from 9am to 1pm .. Fingers crossed that the weather patterns are the usual ones for Raleigh ..

I also have my fingers crossed that I can convince a welder to take my job tomorrow. By phone I have been turned down 4 times in the row today. A good friend of mine is going with me to a welder tomorrow. He does a lot of business with the guy. I am hoping that works to get someone to take the job. I am welding the driveshaft. I'll be there Saturday if all goes to plan.

Thanks again for your replies!

You are right about the weather in Raleigh and where we are at here on the coast. Like you said, it is mainly an "afternoon" issue after the heat buildup throughout the day.

Good luck on the welding issue. My Son lives in Raleigh and I will check with him to see if there is someone near you that would do it for you.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111755

Well the weather isn't looking any better and we're going to get hammered up here in Southern Maryland Saturday. Scattered Friday and hammered Saturday. Still looks like 60% chance at Falls Lake, not sure how big the front is that's going to hit us so don't know if that's what's affecting falls Lake.

Unfortunately my bimini isn't ready yet, got the frame back in shape but the cloth isn't ready so I have no way to escape the rain. I actually have an original full rain cover for the boat while on the water but it snaps to the bimini so.......unless the weather changes quite a bit for the lake, I'm probably out.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111758

Sorry to hear that Bob.

But, you are right about the chances of rain in Raleigh. This morning it sits at 50-60%. We are going to keep an eye on it see what it looks like on Friday and make a decision from there.

I told one of the other members if the rain cancels us out, we
will try to "reschedule" before summer ends.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111759

Sorry, I'll keep an eye on it but I have to pull the trigger by Friday afternoon if I'm coming since it's about a 4.5 hour drive from here. If I knew it was going to be nothing but sunshine then no problem. Fair weather boater right now. lol

If you do reschedule let me know, I might even be able to bring the Admiral. ;)

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111779

Waterwings wrote:

Sorry, I'll keep an eye on it but I have to pull the trigger by Friday afternoon if I'm coming since it's about a 4.5 hour drive from here. If I knew it was going to be nothing but sunshine then no problem. Fair weather boater right now. lol

If you do reschedule let me know, I might even be able to bring the Admiral. ;)

Bob

No problem at all Bob. ;) Believe me, I do understand and you have a pretty good drive too.

Mike and I will keep a real close eye on this weather issue and let you guys know something later tomorrow. I don't want any of our members here to get hurt by bad weather in or out of our classic fiberglass boats.

Re: 3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111801

I live in cary on the southewest corner of Raleigh .. Sadly the news this morning did not look good. The forecast is for a lot of rain here tonight and tomorrow.

If you decide to cancel this and reschedule, it would be great if you could avoid picking Aug 22nd. I know I am tied up that day. Most other weekends that month should work.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111806

Yeah Denny,...I am sorry to inform our members and interested folks in this event that we are CANCELLING THIS EVENT DUE TO THE UPCOMING BAD WEATHER. :(

Mike and I will reschedule it and Denny we will NOT make it for the
22nd of August! ;)

Our sincere apologies to all of you that planned on attending. We don't want anyone to get hurt or any of our classic boats to be
damaged.

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111817

Better safe than sorry John. Let me know when you re-schedule, my Bimini will be done and back on and the cover will be good to go for trailering.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111829

It looks like this was a good call. althought it's been nice all morning in Cary, I watched the morning news today, and sometime after 9:30 there was a storm system with failry heavy rain, that went over Falls Lake. We would not have liked that, and my boat does not have a top. I am looking forward to the reschedule. I'll try to convince more AOMCI members to make it ..

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111833

Sorry about all the posts. This site is the only one that does this ! If there is a way to delete them, i would appreciate if someone would tell me how .. THANKS !

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111839

No problem I took care of it. I'm looking forward to the reschedule also. The bimini got finished now I just need it to quit raining long enough to get it back on!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111864

Bob and Denny:

Thanks for all your input and replies!

Denny, I think we did make the right decision as my Son called around 2:00 P.M. and said it was pouring in Raleigh. As I said above
we will reschedule this. Please do talk with the AOMCI group and maybe we can get a real good turnout at the reschedule.

Bob,....glad to hear you got your bimini finished Sir! ;)

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111869

Thanks John, picks to follow soon. Hope no one lost any power, it was pretty ugly up here. I had lake front property in the backyard, about 2" worth, in spots. Clay based so doesn't drain real quick.

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 3 months ago #111875

We didn't get much of it in Cary. We had crazy luck as the waves of heavy weather went across NC. The first wave went south of us with wind in the 50s, around 6:30ish. We got some short bursts of rain from it. Then all the rest of the waves were either light rain or went north of us. No power outages in Cary that I heard of.

Thanks,

Denny

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 2 months ago #113785

What ever happened to the reschedule of this meet ? Did it fade away ?

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 2 months ago #113787

I was wondering that myself but of course my damn 80 hp is down again so............

Bob

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 2 months ago #113811

Denny and Bob:

No, our event "reschedule" has not "faded away!" ;)
I was hoping to get a firm date in early September if that sounds alright to you guys. I will be out of town for a week or so in late August, so September would work better for me. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Re:3rd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. GTG 9 years 2 months ago #113822

Sadly any date past this coming weekend is not possible for me. We sold our house of 27 years in Cary. Moving to Clayton. Everything gets packed by next week, we close in two weeks and move immediately. :-(

In Septbmber I would get strung up if I left my wife to set up the new house alone ..

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024