Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT...

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108022

Heck I'm a man but I go into the Womens restroom all the time.... OH I FORGOT I'M the Maintenance Man. ooops. I'm sure they don't hate us it's good to categorize classic boats, makes it easier to search on internet anyways. maybe fiberglassics can hold a boat show there and weclcome ALL BOATS.
If it goes in the water I Like it!
The topic has been locked.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108027

It would be a whole lot better and more positive for our sport for anyone who wants to come to the Seaport with a glassic to do so for the ACBR at the end of July. GLassics are welcome and they would love to have more at that show. There is no need or reason to piss anyone off at the wooden boat show. If you are thinking about making the trip out here, do it at the end of July.

If I decide I want to see the show from the water, I may put Telstar in and run up and down the river. But with the land exhibits, I may go into the grounds by land instead.
Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108037

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
what river? i thot it was a seaport!

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108041

Mystic Seaport is located on the Mystic River, which is about 2 miles inland from Fishers Island Sound. Prior to the railroad, this was a deep water river and the Seaport is located where one of the shipyards was located in the middle 1800s. Check it out on a map.
Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108044

Much like Tuckerton Seaport in NJ. This facility is situated on the headwaters of Tuckerton Creek (crik) at the very same location ocean going sailing vessels were once built.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108045

vuyosevich wrote:

what river? i thot it was a seaport!

Ron,
There are a number of areas in this entire thread where you were thinking one thing, but in reality it was altogether different.
A little more research before you start threads like this please.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108062

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
stay tuned...we might of broken new ground. i think my bitchin and emails woke a few people up! if i'm wrong..i'll apologize. ron

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108100

Based on your posts here it would appear that you are fighting this "battle" waiving the Fiberglassics flag. With this in mind I feel it is important that you post your "bitching" emails here so we, as the group you are appearing to represent, see what exactly you are conveying to the recipients of your correspondence.
I for one am VERY concerned with this matter.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108109

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
only flag i wave is of the MantaRay. you need not fret.i represent myself as an ACBS member of 10 years thats participated at their shows with 5 different chapters... lake hopatcong and tuckerton seaport n.j., harveys lake, pa., hammonton, n.y, silver lake, n.y. and mt. dora fla. i've displayed 6'FiberGlassics banners at 4 of those shows. if i wasn't a member of the ACBS it would be irresponsable of me to complain. btw at 2 of those shows i had to arrange to get dialysis treatments. i'll gladly provide the dates and names of the center if you so wish. i've also raised over $1200.00 for FiberGlassics through our annual calendar promotion. i also did a calendar for the ACBS IN 2012, and donated all the proceeds. you would be annoyed also if you were discriminated against.i think your reason for concern should be eased now...SOUTH JERSEY boy. are you the acbs member who exhibits at the Tuckerton Seaport. respectfully, ron vuyosevich
Attachments:

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108111

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
BTW...would you like to purchase a calendar. i have a few left. the purchase price goes to FiberGlassics so Ken can maintain this wonderful site. ron

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108112

I quit sending my dues to ACBS this past year. Whatever they want to tell you, it is still a good old boy's club, and wooden boats rule. I'm a working stiff, not some rich guy with a toy boat he paid 50 or 60 grand for so he could hang around with the wooden boat country club. All the years I belonged to ACBS and went to meets, most wooden boat owners would snub me. Screw 'em. I don't need them, and I don't think they need me. I got better things to do.

Frank

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108113

Ron is obviously attempting to have fiberglass boats represented at ACBS meets. What is not to like about that? If you are doing nothing to further the cause, don't throw stones. If you are doing something, let us know.
Hello, World!!

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108114

Ok, I've stayed out of this fray up until now. I have many friends here and want to keep it that way, so I'm going to stay neutral. Ron is passionate about his classic glass, as most of us are. Others are passionate about their wood boats. I have both and love both. This is a very touchy subject for many people.

There are good points on both sides of this but at this point I think it best to let it lay still for a while before things get too far out of hand and we alienate folks that we didn't mean to.

Bob

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT... 9 years 6 months ago #108119

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I will shut up till I get an answer..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds