Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft Cruiser

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 10 years 4 days ago #101028

Any information on a1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft cruiser would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased one and have not been able to find anything on the Internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 10 years 4 days ago #101040

Spuds,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft Cruiser 10 years 4 days ago #101042

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
(Just Awesome Boat Pictures thread clean-up)

Mark

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 10 years 4 days ago #101045

Maineengineer,

WELCOME ABOARD. - GOOD LUCK on your search for info on the cruiser.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101661

Mainengineer wrote:

Any information on a1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft cruiser would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased one and have not been able to find anything on the Internet.

Marinengineer I just saw this post this is doubleeagle I have sent you a E-Mail My family built Arrowcraft boats and would glad to answer any questions I can.Please Post up some pictures of the cruiser. I have one uncle still alive and I speak to him fairly often. He built the mold for the fiberglass cabin version of the boat. Is yours a Fiberglass or wood cabin in 1958 it could have been either

Re:1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft Cruiser 9 years 11 months ago #101700

I don't have to many pictures of the cruiser but here is a start.The first image is at Pacific Landing in 1958 or 1959. My dad at the helm and my mom in the dark outfit. The second image the boat on the back of the Ranchero is the Cruiser with out the cabin and a longer fore deck carried the same basic paint application It was called a sport fisher
Attachments:

Re:1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft Cruiser 9 years 11 months ago #101701

Arrow Craft Spot Fisher Model on back of Ranchero a Vandle model on top and a Lanser deluxe model in fore ground Windshield and ulpostery up grade
Attachments:

Re:1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft Cruiser 9 years 11 months ago #101702

and that's why I like this site....it just doesn't get much better than this!!!

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101723

Dear Doubleeagle,
Thank you for replying to my post. I have recently purchased this 1958 Arrowcraft from a fellow that said he had been holding on to it for quite a few years. It had been sitting for over 20 years before he got it and he started repairs on it about 3 years ago, new transom, paint and plywood floor, deck. Sadly he had stripped out the pully and cable steering and installed a rotary teleflex system, that by the way restricts turning the outboard way too much for my liking, but I'm working on that now. I tore out the flooring because it had become delaminated, I'm not sure what the cabin bulkhead is supposed to look like but I fitted it so I could put in a couple of sliding doors to enclose the cabin. I also made a cockpit to house the helm, switches etc.
This version has the fiberglass cabin, and the hull is plywood, I'm not sure what's under the paint but maybe fiberglass? It is still in pretty good shape so I won't strip the hull for awhile but eventually I will as there is a few bubbles and lumps here and there. It has a 1958 Johnson 50 HP V4 SuperSeahorse. Which I think was the first year that Johnson introduced this outboard. This engine is in very good condition and just needs cosmetic touch up to bring it back to original.
Attachments:

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101724

1958 Arrowcraft
Attachments:

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101725

1958 Arrowcraft
Attachments:

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101726

1958 Arrowcraft
The deck that I stained to look like teak and holly, can't afford the real thing right now so had be creative.
Attachments:

Re:1958 Arrowcraft 17 ft Cruiser 9 years 11 months ago #101727

Dear Doubleeagle,
Yes! This is the same boat that I have, looks like I will need to hunt down the upper windshield, wish I had pictures of the bulkhead and cabin interior. Thank you!

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101729

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Mainengineer wrote:

1958 Arrowcraft
The deck that I stained to look like teak and holly, can't afford the real thing right now so had be creative.

Creative works for me. Your boat looks great!

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101730

Saw your post this am Enough to bring tears to a old mans eyes. I am a little pressed for time Grand Kids football but over the next couple days will try to fill in what I can remember. Also will be talking to my Uncle Skip (last surviving Trevett brother) that worked at Arrow Craft and give him a heads up on your boat.
Did you get a chance to go to boatracing.com Mike Trevett photo album? I will also be putting up some history of Arrow Craft as we go into the Winter. Lastly I gave you my # in a E-Mail fill free to give me a call. Would enjoy to talk with you.

Re:Just Awesome Boat Pictures 9 years 11 months ago #101732

Doubleeagle, I really enjoyed the photos you posted on Mike Trevetts photo album! Especially this one!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online